Chapter 25: What's with the Moon?

A/N:

Hey! I have to make a little changes within the story. Chaeyeon's supposed clan 'Sinister Owl' will be changed into 'Divine Owl'. The clan name is the only thing that changed and not the plot or any other scenes.

Anyways, here's your chapter! Enjoy reading!☺️

———

Is it really just me?

Chaeyeon irritatingly scratched her head, wondering in circles around the ruined village as her mind tries to rewind memories of where she could've possibly seen or heard about this place.

The structures of this village, the location, the atmosphere, how the buildings are structured, and just the entire village itself. Everything seems so familiar.

"You must've had a thought of this place?"

"Ah—" Chaeyeon jumped out and immediately closed her mouth to stop her scream. "Oh gosh, Saku-nim you startled me."

"My bad." Sakura looked at Chaeyeon, and the younger could've sworn she was stuck at staring at those vertically slit eyes. Sakura's indeed a cat demon.

"This place. You must've known of it."

Chaeyeon was pulled back in her senses when Sakura spoke. And so she composed herself, "Uhh... Y-yes. It does seem familiar to me."

"Raven's Umbra Clan."

Just hearing of such clan name made made Chaeyeon gasp with widened eyes as she looks at Sakura. "N-no way..."

"Believe it," Sakura whispered, eyes still fixed forward, "This is indeed the same clan as what you think it is. Raven's Umbra... the eternal enemy of your clan Divine Owl. This village was founded and lived by the people under this clan."

Chaeyeon was still silenced— speechless rather. She finally get to remember it now. The teachings of her clan, Divine Own Clan, have told them about this certain clan and this village. ""This village. It's where your opposite lived... once." And what Sakura said only confirmed her thoughts.

"Raven's Umbra.... I-I'm really here?"

"Too bad... the second 'doom war' between our races caused destruction within this clan. No one survived."

"So... Chaeryeong's opposite already died, huh?"

Hearing the unfamiliar name made Sakura turn her head to the younger confusingly, "Chair— who?"

"Chaeryeong," She chuckled. "She's my sister. The vessel of the Divine Owl."

"Vessel? Aren't you the vessel? Are you younger?"

"No, I'm the first born. But I didn't inheret the Divine Owl's power. Chaeryeong has it."

"That's impossible," Sakura creased her eyebrows as she walked close to the younger, only making Chaeyeon shake her pupils in uneasiness trying to step back away from the demon. "First borns are fated to possess ancestral inheritance."

"Y-yes— uhh... I'm.. it's me who's supposed to have— supposed to inherit it. I d-don't know what happened." She almost couldn't speak, greatly stuttering by how close Sakura was to her.

"The mark?"

"M-mark?? My birthmark are you aski—"

A sound of ripping clothes stopped her mid sentence. Chaeyeon couldn't grasp what happened. All she knew is that... Sakura had already ripped open her shirt that revealed her undergarments of her chest.