Chapter 46: Scars of the Flame

"What is this..." Rui had took over Yujin's body once again, shocked upon the sight of this demon he never thought he'd meet again in a body of a petite female. He looked at Sakura's direction, "What happened to Yoko?"

Sakura pursed down pressing her lips. "I thought you knew."

"Where is Yoko, Sakura?! Why is the Hellfire inside this female?!"

"You know what will happen once a dragon blood transfers his spirit to his offspring." With grief in her eyes, Sakura turns to look at Rui. "He's long gone. He passed down his powers to his daughter."

"You're telling me... the outburst 15 years ago was caused by this child and not Yoko himself?"

"Yoko would never hurt humankind," Sakura grasp a tight grip of her cloth. It begins to rip. "And so as this child."

Just by that, Rui realized this instant what truly happened 15 years ago.

Still hard to process anything, Rui looks up again wordlessly. Then his eyes trailed to look at these people beside him. Every one of them, even Wonyoung, just how much have they suffered from the past? This children have gone through so much because of their deeds.

He felt embarrassed of himself reminiscing the hell of a memory 500 hundred years ago.

"You understand what I feel now, Rui?"

He averts his attention to Sakura who's still staring at the demon above with misery flashed in her eyes. "It's all because of us. That's why... we must protect these children at all cost," she tightened her hold to Chaeyeon, "Just as how we protect their vessels."

Just then, Hitomi landed on the ground with a distinct roar that echoed throughout.

"Everyone!" Sakura called as she first jumped above Hitomi. "Get on!"

They all followed one by one with the demons' assistance.

But one, she pulled back. Hyewon is frozen on her spot. She doesn't seem to have any intentions of even touching the dragon, even Eunbi have to pull to force her in.

And they flew away from the knights.

"Hii-chan, where are you going?!" Yuri shouts when she see Hitomi's flying towards the inner part of the city instead of escaping out.

The dragon only growls before landing down again. Her claws strikes resulted to a building's collapse. It only made the members wonder. But stopped after seeing her claw already holding someone.

"Raon?!" Eunbi exclaimed. Not just her, but all members were bewildered. But relief replaced their wonders seeing Chaewon too already being safely carried by the dragon's other hand.

Once again, they flew to escape this time.

Minju turned to look back to the slum. She can't help her tears. In the end, the people she lives to protect for all fell in the hands of her own brother. She failed to save everyone. Once again, she ran away. Minju has no point living anymore at this point.

As they neared freedom, not even the protection barrier of the empire can stood against the Hellfire's breath of hell. Just one throw of Hitomi's crimson flame is already enough to create a massive damage that helped them escape.

Fallen into despair, tired and wounded, all of them fell on their knees as the breeze blew in their faces. They felt freedom by the moment they flew along the dark clouds and the shine of the stars above, but at the same time felt heavy by the thought; this is not the end. They let the silence drown them.