Chapter 34: Alliance of the Central and the South

"I'm still shocked?! Like, how the f*ck?!"

"This Yujin is too stunned to speak..."

"I'm 'shookt'."

"Even I didn't know."

Yena, Yujin, Chaewon and Chaeyeon mumbled aggressively, still couldn't sink it in their minds the fact that Hyewon is an actual Princess.

They have gathered right now inside the palace seemingly made out of ice. Being too distracted with fighting Eunbi earlier, they haven't even notice at first that there's a palace at this very top hill. But now after running around wondering the whole place, admiration swallowed them as they saw how beautifully the palace is structured. It's just a shame it turned out this way, now only remains a burned down castle. Just like the very city, the frost palace crumbled into ruins.

However it is still well enough for them to stay for at least a few weeks to wait for the blooming fruit to finally ripen for Hyewon to devour. The said fruit, a national treasure of the South that is said to cure any diseases a person has. It was this mere reason of their journey along with getting to train stronger. And they have encountered these amazing individuals no one have expected them to meet. Nako, Hitomi, and Sakura, despite the difference of their race they have bonded like comrades (if we'd exclude Nako and Yena's fued). And now they met Eunbi. Chaeyeon's prayers are finally answered, a mother appeared as a blessing.

"Woah..." Wonyoung had her jaw subconsciously dropped. And slowly her head turned to Minju then back at Hyewon, gazing her eyes at both of them back and forth with sincere praises she utters in her head, no wonder they look so highly.

They all turned their heads to Yuri eventually and asked at the same time, "You knew??"

"I did not— how would I even?!" No, even Yuri was surprised by the revelation. "This b*tch didn't spoke about it even once!"

"Language, young lady." Eunbi's voice was calm, yet it sounds terrific enough that all of them froze on their seat. She has this authority in her presence even way powerful than Sakura or Chaeyeon that none of the members dare oppose her words. Even Yujin and Yena, the two most stubborn did not try click Eunbi's trigger.

It took a them a while of silence, not until Hyewon stood up that made them turn their heads, "Sakura-ssi, I would like to have a word with you." Her simple gesture made the members crease their eyebrows as they looked at the demon's direction with evident confusion in their faces.

While Sakura, she only let out a small smirk before standing up and followed Hyewon's pace. She already knew what they're about to talk for. Only their footsteps echoed through the frozen hallways of the palace until they reached far enough for privacy.

"Has the fruit fully bloomed now? You can actually talk straight."

Hyewon shook her head lazily, "No, it still hasn't ripen. I drank a sip of Eunbi's blood so I am able to speak properly."

"Kwon's blood are indeed priceless treasure," Sakura smirked at her thoughts, impressed that the bloodline of the two branch families of Bloodfrost hasn't ended after all. The unbreakable ice of the Kangs and the revitalizing blood of the Kwons, they're still alive within Eunbi and Hyewon's veins.

"Not to blabber anything more, who are you really?" Hyewon was giving full of threats within her glare only to be returned with a chuckle from Sakura. "And what is your purpose with us, humans?"

"I'm surprised. Your father was very welcoming to the demon kind, yet his daughter turned out to become a little racist. You're no different from Yena, too, after all."