Chapter 36: Selection Tournament

"One more Chaeyeon exist.... Nani kore?" Sakura started speaking her own language out of confusion. She was already holding Chaeyeon by her side, yet in front of her stood another person seemingly looking like Chaeyeon. As if she has a doppelgänger.

"You," Chaeyeon's doppelgänger ran her eyes from top to bottom of Sakura's figure. "What are you?" deeply bewildered seeing a person with unusual... kitten traits.

"I'm human!"

"She's one of my companions, Sakura. She's a forged shifter," Chaeyeon chuckled awkwardly while covering the older demon's blabbering mouth, afraid that they'll get find out if she'll talk more. "And Saku-chan, she's not another me. She's my sister, Chaeryeong."

"Woah, Chaeryeong-nim, I'm a great fan!!" Yujin's eyes were glittering with joy seeing the girl she used to admire from afar. Yujin thought she's too cool with her light powers, and she admired her even more after knowing Chaeryeong's the new crowned patriarch of their clan. "Can I get a handshake??"

"Get your filthy hands off the patriarch, you muddy hound!" Yuna immediately flicked Yujin's hand away.

"Ahh! What the hell?! You're a bigger, muddy lightsaber than me!"

"Lightsaber?! You dare call my light sword a lightsaber?!"

"Oh, please stop," with an empty face Wonyoung managed to insert herself in between and pushed the two away from each other.

"Say, pretty, should I just ignore this muddy doggo? I can give you my full attention anyway," Yuna's frown was replaced by a huge grin upon Wonyoung's touch.

She smiled even wider as the younger looks at her. When Yujin suddenly pulled the maknae away from Yuna while giving her a fiery glare. "Get your filthy hands off Wonyo, you muddy lightsaber!"

Yuna hissed, "How dare you copy my words, doggo."

"Lightsaber!"

"Muddy doggo!"

"Filthy lightsaber!"

"It's light sword!"

"I'm a wolf!!"

"The office is not a place to yell, loudmouths! Out!" Their shoutings were stopped when Yeji's angered scowl echoed through the closed doors.

Afraid of the thoughts of lighting and thunder rumbling, Yuna immediately gushed out of the room with Wonyoung she dragged along. "Let's not anger Unnie more, she's scary."

"Y-Yuna-ni—"

"Call me Unnie, come on!"

Is she... pouting? Wonyoung gulp on her throat, speechless of the older's behavior. Her cheek slowly turned pinkish because Yuna didn't lean her face away. They're just an inch apart for goodness sake.

"Oi lightsaber!! Where are you taking beanpole?!" Yujin suddenly appeared behind them immediately pulling Wonyoung as she got near.

"Beanpole?" Yuna raised her eyebrows, "Are you calling miss little pretty a beanpole? The disrespect!"

"Are you calling beanpole 'little'?!"

"So what?!" Once again, Yuna flashed her most sweetest smile towards the maknae that irritates Yujin even more. "No matter her size, she'll always be little pretty to me. Right, little baby?"

"B-Baby?!" Yujin immediately pushed Yuna away, "Leave Wonyo alone, you— you're corrupting her!"

"No, you leave little pretty alone! Stop dirtying her you darn mud!"