Chapter 55: The War; Final

"Wonyoung?"

There was this faint voice, soothingly entered her ears that rose her awake. Wonyoung fluttered her eyes open, shutting it again from the blinding light before her.

There's light everywhere. Above, every side, and below, she saw no surface but white space.

"My Wonyoung," there the voice called again.

"Who's there?" Her voice almost fallen a whisper. Her chest too weak to even breath. However, Wonyoung finds herself not needing any breath, as if she was living by being conscious alone, no heartbeat, no breath, just awake.

"You've grown up a little too big," the voice lets out a chuckle that echoes through this unknown space.

Wonyoung finally adjusted from the brightness. And so she opened her eyes, slowly, and a figure of light, much brighter than what surrounds greets her. "Who are you?"

The light the woman emits gradually gloomed off. Wonyoung saw glimpse of her face, causing her to squint, confused. "Why do you have me face?"

The woman chuckled, "It's you who have my face."

Wonyoung pressed her lips, falling deeper wonders. "It's possible? You're not even my mothe—" she paused, frozen.

The woman before her flashed a smile she knows similar to hers. And the way her eyes bends up... they share the same features. Almost the same.

"Are you?" Her voice begins stuttering. "Is it really you?" Her tear failed to stay. Her voice betrayed her, cracked that she couldn't speak more.

The woman flashed a smile as she spread her arms. "Come here. Let me hug you for the first time."

Wonyoung went near, but never gave a hug like what the woman wanted. Tears of hatred escape from her eyes as she landed a soft punch on the woman's shoulder. She cried more, "Why you appeared only now?"

The woman lost her words, while Wonyoung continues her sobs. "I've been finding you all the time. You were nowhere. Where were you?" Her voice broke even sorely. She wiped her tears, partly ashamed of crying in front of this woman. "I needed a mother."

Luna.. she broke a tear as well. "I'm here now."

"You won't be tomorrow."

Luna felt her heart shattered. She felt Wonyoung's broken whimpers so she hugged her tighter, like how she could've if fate wasn't cruel.

"You can't stay, can you?"

Luna shakes her head in remorse.

Afterwards she took Wonyoung's hand with her gentle touch and guided her somewhere.

"Your father has been waiting."

"I don't want to meet him." Wonyoung retracts her hands immediately. She has been told, that the demon who caused this war is her father, Aku.

Wonyoung grew hate towards him. Just how could he?

"He's your father, Wonyoung."

"Exactly! I'm his daughter!" Wonyoung bursted out angered tears. "How could he do all that— he ruined my life! I could be living longer if it wasn't for him— look at me now!" She paused, trying to hold herself together. "I lost my friends because of him, Mother! Those friends that stayed with me when you weren't around, they took care of me when you weren't here, and he took them away from me!"