Cordelia

You sat on a wooden chair with soft white cushions. Your leg bouncing slightly as you picked at your finger tips. The woman with brown eyes sat across from you with her hands folded on top of the desk.

"My name is Cordelia Foxx, but you can call me Ms Cordelia," you looked up at her. She smiled gently at you, and her eyes looked like they were analyzing you.

"I'm (y/n)," you said finally. Cordelia smiled softly.

"Nice to meet you (y/n)," you smiled back at her.

You felt safe in this room, you could sit in this chair and watch Cordelia forever.

"I understand you're here because of an incident at school." You looked back down at your hands. Your ears felt hot. You felt a little ashamed that Cordelia knew about what happened.

"I- I didn't mean to," you felt your eyes sting. So much blood. You had never seen so much blood before. It slowly pooled from the girl and reflected your face that stared back at you.

Cordelia seemed to sense your discomfort.

"Hey, hey. Look at me," you looked up at her. Her eyes squinted in concern. "I know you didn't mean to hurt anyone. There's girls here right now that also learned the hard way." You felt a little better after this information. "Here you will learn how to control your magic. You won't hurt someone by accident again." She smiled slightly again, and you smiled back.

"Thanks for accepting me here."

"Of course, that's what we're here for." She reached out and gently touched your arm.

That's when your stomach flipped for the first time. Seeing Cordelia care about you and the way she looked at you, made you feel things that you would rather suppress.

This was also the first time you felt jealousy.

A knock came from the office door.

"Come in," Cordelia called out as she leaned back in her chair.

The door opened slightly and a mans figure entered the room. What was a man doing here? Wasn't this a girls school?

"Hey honey," the man said. "New student?" He asked Cordelia.

"Yes, this is (y/n), (y/n), this is my husband Hank."

Hank. You felt nauseous. Husband. You looked at this man. You looked into his eyes. You hated him. You didn't think Cordelia was married.

"Hey, (y/n). Ready for our date Cordelia?"

"Yes, sorry! Sorry, (y/), I have to go, you'll be rooming with Madison. She'll be outside, good luck!" She said as she got up to see Hank.

You didn't look away from Hank's eyes. You felt your eyes burn and your chest felt heavy.

"Fuck!" Hank said as he shook his hand slightly. "When did I get a paper cut?"