Disappearances of the Unknown

TW: gore, blood, drug use

Throughout the next week, Cordelia was held up in her office answering phone calls. There was definitely a variety of responses from the public. Some people called saying that they had experienced abilities and would like to join the coven. Also, of course, there were the hate calls. You always knew when there would be a hate call.

You would watch Cordelia pick up the phone with great anticipation. She would grip the phone tight to her ear with a grin creeping up her cheeks. But then her eyes would shift. Almost sad and disappointed, and she would look over at you and sigh.
"Thank you for your thoughts," she would always say before hanging up. She would say the same thing when people would call and tell her that 'she pulled a good prank'.

You tried your best to support her. You kept her company in her office while she dealt with the public.

You would place a hand on Cordelia's shoulder.

"I just want to make things right," she would say.

"And you are, Delia," you would say as you squeezed her shoulders gently.

"I want to make a positive difference for this coven." She would sign and rub her temples. "Unlike my mother."

"You're not like your mother." You would assure her. "You are better than her."

"You don't know that!" She would yell.

Whenever this happened Cordelia would leave the coven and go for a walk. Although this happened once a day. You had no idea what was going on with her, she was usually so nice and reassuring to you.

She would always come back home in a couple of hours and then lock herself in her room.

Although this time was different. Today you sat in her office, for support, just like the other days. But today was quiet. There was a stuffiness in the room and Cordelia wouldn't say a word to you.

Then the phone ran. Cordelia picked it up and her usual change of expression occurred. The sudden drop of her sad smile.

"Okay, thank you," she said. "Thank you for your thoughts." She hung up the phone. She placed her face into her hands.

"Hey, it's okay." You said as you place your hand on her arm. "There's bound to be hate calls."

"I'm just so afraid." She mumbled into her hands.

"Of what?"

"Witch hunters."

"I'm sure there's no more witch hunters."

"You don't know that!" Cordelia ripped her arms away from your grasp.

"Hey, Delia!" You gasped. "What's your problem!" You said backing away.

"What's my problem?!" Cordelia stood up from her chair. "You're always here!"

"What?!"

"You're always in my office! You won't leave me alone!"

"I'm trying to support you!"

"I don't need support! Especially from you!"

Your heart sunk. You felt tears threaten to spill out. You stood in shock watching Cordelia as she stood staring at you. She almost seemed shocked by her own words.

"Fine!" You finally said. "I'll leave you alone!"

"Good!" Cordelia said. She stormed out of her office. You felt the breeze of her actions against your cheeks and it moved your hair slightly.