Present Time

You sat in front of your record player and watched the needle glide around the record as it softly scratched and played the song that rang through your ears.

You Belong to me
I'll be so alone without you
Maybe you'll be lonesome too and blue
Fly the ocean in a silver plane
See the jungle when it's wet with rain
Oh my darling till you're home again
You belong to me

You needed to clear your thoughts after what happened throughout the last week or even the past year.

Cordelia loosing her eyesight hurt you. It was hard to watch her suffer, so you stayed away from her as much as possible. It also hurt to see her so close to Misty.

Ever since Misty came, Cordelia had been different.

Misty was very kind to you and you two actually got along quite well. Misty liked to talk about Cordelia a lot, and there was no doubt that there was something going on between them.

It hurt to see them grow so close so quickly. It felt better to distance yourself from everything about Cordelia.

After Cordelia left her husband the academy felt less tense. Cordelia walked around as if she could finally breathe. You felt like you might be able to work up the courage to talk to her.

Instead Misty and Cordelia grew closer together leaving you in the shadows to watch. Cordelias seemed really happy with Misty, so you decided to stay away. It stayed that way until a week ago.

The seven wonders.

You remember watching the hour glass slowly empty as everyone came back from their personal hells. Everyone except Misty. You looked over at Cordelia who sat in silence. Her eyesight still gone, you weren't sure if she realized Misty was still out.

You watched Cordelia hold Misty in her lap and beg her to come back. You couldn't bare watching. You knew Misty wasn't coming back. When Misty's body turned to dust, Cordelia broke down sobbing. Her cries echoed through the academy as her hands reached around to feel the dust. Any last part of Misty. You choked back a sob as you watched Cordelia cry. You couldn't stand it anymore.

Misty dying and watching Cordelia in so much pain. You ran out of the living room and to your bedroom. Tears fell from your eyes as you ran. You lied on your bed sobbing for the rest of the day. No one came into the room because no one wanted to disturb you. You were okay with that.

You didn't come down for meals the next day.

"Hey bitch," Madison said as she walked up to your bed. "You have to get up one day. It's not like Cordelia died."

"I know," you said softly with your back turned to Madison.

"Hey I thought I would let you know who the next supreme is."

"Oh right," you said as you sat up to look at Madison.

"Your little crush is the new supreme."

"Really? Oh my god! Sorry you aren't."

"Ehh I would be a terrible leader anyways."

You laughed for the first time in a couple days.

You were knocked out of your thoughts when a knock came from the door.

If it was Madison or Zoe they would have just walked in, so you turned down the music slightly.

"Come in!" You called out.

The door opened slowly and you saw that it was Cordelia. Your stomach did a backflip. You've been avoiding her for months. You quickly stood up.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Cordelia asked.

"I'm okay," you lied.

"I haven't seen you in a couple days," Cordelia said sadly. "Or I guess a couple months because I couldn't see," Cordelia chuckled.

You laughed nervously.

"I love this song!" Cordelia said as she realized what song was playing.

"You do?" You asked genuinely surprised. You then quickly turned off the record player from nerves.

Cordelia looked at you with pity.

"Hey come to the greenhouse with me. I think we should talk."