Truths of the Past

(TW: wounds and sexuality activities)

You gasped. The air felt like drugs to your lungs.

"(Y/n)!" Cordelia cried.

You felt someone wrap their arms around you. Although you couldn't see who it was.

"Jesus Christ you scared us!" You heard Madison cry.

"Will she be okay?" You heard Zoe ask.

Everything was blurry and slowly clearing up. You realized Cordelia was hugging you, so you wrapped your arms around her.

"It's okay," Cordelia whispered in your ear.

She smelt like vanilla and salt and you felt her hair tangle under your hand.

"Cordelia," you croaked. "What happened?"

"Hey, shhh," she squeezed you so hard that it hurt.

Suddenly you felt the pain in your back. The cool sharp air stabbing you and tearing down your back.

You started screaming.

"My back!" You screamed.

Cordelia quickly let go of the hug. "Myrtle! Help her!!" She held onto your shoulders as you continued to scream.

Myrtle placed her hands on your back and started chanting in Latin. "sana vulnera pretiosa in vita, sana vulnera pretiosa in vita."

You didn't understand what she was saying, but the pain slowly started disappearing.

"sana vulnera pretiosa in vita, sana vulnera pretiosa in vita." Myrtles hands started to feel warm against your back as the stabbing pain slowly faded away.

"It's okay, love," Cordelia said cupping your face once you stopped screaming and Myrtle stopped chanting.

"She will be fine with some rest," Myrtle said as her hand slowly left your back.

You looked at Cordelia. Her eyes were full of tears and she was smiling at you. You reached out and placed your hand on Cordelia's head. Your hand slowly traced down her neck, feeling her hair.

"Cordelia," you said. Then you remembered what had happened. Madison. Misty and Cordelia making out? The sharp stabbing feeling. The warm trickle of blood.

You looked into Cordelia's loving eyes. You felt so safe in her gaze. Your heart felt like it was soaring.

Your eyes started to burn, like when you're tired. And your chest felt like someone was pushing on it and you couldn't breathe. And then you felt your body lurch forwards.

Cordelia sat on the couch in the living room. She was clearly fighting back some tears.

Cordelia started sobbing into her hands. There was a shuffle in the distance and Cordelia stopped crying.

"Misty?" She asked.

"Is everything alright?" Misty asked entering the room.

"No," Cordelia sobbed.

"What happened?" Misty said taking a seat next to Cordelia.

"My mother! Everything she said was true!"

"I'm sure that's not true," Misty said placing her hand on Cordelia's thigh.

"I don't belong here anymore! I don't belong anywhere!" Cordelia cried.

"That's not true," Misty said.

"Im an absolute failure!" Cordelia cried out louder.

"Stop saying that!" Misty said louder.