Outing

TW: mentions of self harm

It's been a week since your incident. You thought that everything would be back to normal, considering you didn't mean to hurt yourself. Although, the girls seemed to act nervous around you. They weren't as talkative, they would talk slower, and the worst part was that they always looked like they wanted to escape. You used to be so close to them, but now they seemed to be avoiding you.

You didn't mind as much as you thought you would. You needed your space to process what happened in the span of two days.

Even though the other girls seemed to avoid you, Cordelia didn't. Cordelia would catch you sitting in your thoughts and she would check on you. Make sure you were doing okay. She understood you needed your space.

You rested on a plushy chair in the living room. There was a book on your lap that you abandoned to look outside the window. It was raining pretty hard for a December afternoon. You were watching the rain hit the grass outside as you held a mug up to your lips, and blew gently on the scalding tea. It smelt of vanilla and roses, like Cordelia. Your hands burned with the touch of the mug, but it felt nice on this chilly Saturday afternoon.

You watched people that held umbrellas walk past the gates of the academy. Their feet splashed in the puddles on the uneven sidewalk.  You were pretty zoned out until you heard Cordelia's recognizable footsteps.

You turned your head to look at her. She had just entered the room. She smiled at you softly.

"Whatcha up to?" She asked as she stepped towards you. You placed your book on the windowsill.

"Watching the rain," you said as you turned your head to look out the window.

Cordelia stepped in front of the window. She watched the rain hit the trees and the path up to the academy.

"Mind if I join you?" She asked after a few moments. She turned and gave you a warm smile.

"Sure," you said returning a grin.

She walked towards you. You were a little thrown off by her advance towards you. Then she turned around and sat on your lap.

You wheezed are the sudden weight on your chest.

"Delia!" You gasped.

"Can I sit with you?" She asked as she leaned her head into your chest and looked up at you.

"I guess so," you blushed.

You wrapped your arms around her and continued holding your tea. 

"Mmm," Cordelia said breathing in deeply. "What kind of tea?"

"Vanilla rose."

"Hey! Isn't that my tea?" Cordelia laughed.

"Yup! It reminds me if you."

You felt Cordelia's neck heat up on your chest. Cordelia wrapped her arms around yours.

"Have you thought about my offer?"

"What offer?"

"To help teach the academy? When the new girls come, of course."

You felt your brain stop. Your pause was probably too long because Cordelia turned to look at you.

"Hey," she said placing a hand in your cheek. "I believe you're ready. Look how far you've come!"

"Of course, Delia. I'll help you with the academy."

You watched Cordelia's eyes twinkle as a smile spread arose her face.

"Really?!"

"Really," you assured her.