Night Out

(TW: small mentions of puke, and alcohol consumption)

You looked into the full length mirror in your bedroom. You admired the outfit that Madison had lent to you. You wore a Black blazer with a low cut front, a short black skirt, black tights, and black boots. You carefully placed a couple long necklaces around your neck to fit into the gap of the blazer.

"Ready Bitches!" Madison said as she strut into the bedroom.

"Let's go!" Zoe yelled excitedly as she grabbed her phone an wallet off of her bed. Then you followed them out the door.

As you approached the steps you saw Cordelia waiting at the door, and your stomach did a backflip. You suddenly realized the reality of the situation. You, we're going out for drinks, with your friends, and Cordelia. On top of that, your friends were pressuring you to confess your feelings to Cordelia. You weren't so sure you actually wanted to tell Cordelia. If you had to choose between being friends with Cordelia or antagonizing awkwardness, you would choose being friends with Cordelia any day.

You looked down the steps at Cordelia. She was wearing a flowy, red blouse, and a long black skirt that hugged at her waist. You couldn't take your eyes off of her as you followed behind Zoe and Madison. Cordelia looked up at you guys and you watched her eyes look through Zoe and Madison and at you. Her mouth turned up into a grin and she started smiling like an idiot. Zoe turned around to look at you. She gave you a knowing smile and then continued down the stairs.

"Wow, you look-," Cordelia said to you as you guys approached her.

"You too you," said cutting her off. Cordelia smiled at you with her eyes looking in yours. "Shit, sorry, I cut you off," you said as you blushed and looked away from embarrassment.

"Hey, cut it out you two, let's go!" Madison said as she opened the front door.

Madison and Zoe walked ahead of you and Cordelia. You watched them look at each other, then link arms. You felt your heart race because you knew they were setting you up. Suddenly the silence between you and Cordelia became very loud. You could hear everyone's heels clumping on the side walk and the distant sounds of cars. Madison and Zoe were also walking in silence, but it felt like they were listening to you and Cordelia.

You looked up at Cordelia and saw that she was watching you. You quickly looked away in embarrassment. Then you felt something touch your arm. You watched Cordelia's arm link around yours. Your heart skipped. You looked up at Cordelia in surprise and she was grinning at you softly. You let your arm relax into Cordelia's grip.

"Oh, (y/n)," You heard Cordelia say.

"Yeah?" You asked looking up at her.

"Happy Birthday," she said smiling down on you.

"Oh, thank you, Cordelia," you said blushing. Cordelia's other arm reached over and patted yours. She then held your arm that wrapped around hers bringing you two closer together.

"I'm happy you invited me," Cordelia said.

"Of course, we're friends now," you said looking up at her, but Cordelia was looking ahead. "You've really helped me come out of my shell," you lied slightly, because you only felt shy around her.

"Of course," Cordelia said still looking ahead."you've helped me a lot too," she said looking down at you again.

You grinned. Happy that Cordelia felt so highly about you. You felt like skipping.

When you guys arrived at the bar you all scooted into a booth. You watched Madison and Zoe scoot into the same side, and you realized they definitely did that on purpose.