Part 2: Karasuno High School

The end of the school year at  Kitagawa Daiichi was a nightmare. I felt like everybody hated me way more than they usually did, more specifically I felt like Tobio hated me more than he usually did. He rarely talked to me, and my parents rarely talked to me as well. 

Over the break before we started our first year in high school, I got a letter in the mail from Shiratorizawa. When the letter had arrived I initially assumed that it was for Tobio, but no, the letter was for me. They wanted me to go to their school for both my academics and my volleyball skills. I had always had some of the best, if not the best, grades in all of my classes, but I never would have expected that they would have wanted me to play on their volleyball team as well. I was so excited when the letter had arrived, even if my family never valued me or my hard work an amazing school like Shiratorizawa had acknowledged me. But, when Tobio didn't get his own letter or pass the entrance exam I wasn't allowed to go. 

"Wh-what?" I mumbled, my voice soft from the shock I was in.

"You're not going to Shiratorizawa if Tobio can't go as well, so you'll be going to take the entrance exam to Karasuno High School with him this weekend." My mom quickly stated, not wanting anymore back talk from me. I grabbed the letter and walked past Tobio as I went to my room. What did surprise me though is that Tobio seemed as though he felt bad for me. I just dismissed it as though it was my imagination though, and then went back to my room to sulk.

Maybe if I went to Shiratorizawa I would get to make some more friends... I mean I would be known as just Kageyama, and not Tobio Kageyama's weird twin brother. I would get to actually make a name for myself, but instead I'm stuck going to Karasuno with Tobio. I'll probably be forced to join the volleyball team too, and then I'll just have to be Tobio's weird brother yet again. I sighed, then went on with the rest of my break, knowing that I couldn't do anything at all about what was to happen about what school I was going to. So I stored my letter from Shiratorizawa in my desk, just to keep it as a memento. 

The rest of the break before the beginning of the next school year was absolutely dreadful, but at the time I could only dread what could possibly come throughout the upcoming school year. Both Tobio and I got into Karasuno High School, though in all honesty I would have even rather gone to Aoba Johsai than go to Karasuno with Tobio. I had to send back a letter to Shiratorizawa telling them that I would not be attending their school, but my mother wrote it so that I didn't mess it up like I always do. 

~Time skip brought to you by Kuroo's hyena laugh~

It was now the first day of school at Karasuno high, and just as I had expected my parents wanted me and Tobio to fill out a form to apply for the volleyball club, so I had to make sure that I grabbed that paper as soon as I could. After orientation I went to class 4, and noticed a particularly tall blonde haired man, as well as a slightly shorter green haired boy as well. I barely payed attention to class throughout the entire day, I just zoned out as I usually did. All that I did notice was that I kept on zoning out in the same direction, so it probably seemed like I was staring at the one tall blonde male, when in all actuality I was busy off in my own world in my brain. 

After the school day passed, Tobio approached me in the hallway, and handed me a form that we needed to fill out and turn into the teacher who ran the volleyball club as soon as we could, which would probably be tomorrow. Tobio and I then walked home together, not saying a word to each other on the way home. My parents filled out their parts of the form for the volleyball club, then I had to fill out the rest. 

I sighed, I was done with all of that stuff and didn't have any homework since it was only the first day of school. I pulled out my headphones and my phone, plugged them in, and then listened to music for a while. It was one of the few things that I felt like I could enjoy. Listening to music, by myself, without a care in the world. My favorite song would always be able to distract me from all of the bad things going on, even if it was only ever for a moment. 

The next morning I went to school, then Tobio and I went to go and turn in our papers to sign up for the club. The teacher had seemed excited when we turned in our papers, and he said something but I didn't care enough to pay attention to him. I then went my separate way from Tobio and then I got to my classroom.

Today, my teacher decided to make us do a partner assignment. I got assigned to be partners with some guy named 'Kei Tsukishima' or something like that. The whole point of this was just to get to know somebody who sat near you, and this 'Tsukishima' kid sat right in front of me. I wouldn't have minded him sitting in front of me except that he was tall, and when I say tall I mean like way taller than me. If I had to guess, then this kid was taller than Tobio too, and I was shorter than him. 

"Hey. Are you even listening to me?" 

"What? Oh, sorry. What were you saying?"

"We're supposed to be partners for this thing, and all that we're actually supposed to do is introduce ourselves." He sighed, obviously annoyed that I had zoned out while he was speaking. "Anyways, I'm Kei Tsukishima, you can just call me Tsukishima. And you are...?" 

"Oh, I'm Y/N Kageyama, but just call me Y/N. I have a brother who also goes to this school and it gets confusing if people call both of us Kageyama, so I just go by Y/N while he goes by Kageyama." 

"So, are there any things that you're interested in?" Tsukishima asked.

"I'm not really into much, I like listening to music, and art I guess, I don't ever really get a chance to do any of that though." My voice was quiet, and it was kind of obvious that he was having a little bit of trouble hearing me, but I was too scared to try and make myself louder so that he could hear. 

"Do you play any sports? I'm signing up for the volleyball team, but I'm not exactly into volleyball, I just do it because I have to do some sort of club and that would be the most tolerable one." 

"Oh, my family is forcing me to join the volleyball team, so I guess I'll see you there?"

"Yeah, I guess." 

We were supposed to be talking for the whole time, but we stopped speaking to each other after that. Neither of us knew what to say, so we just didn't say anything at all. I went throughout the rest of the school day wishing that I could just leave, but no matter where I went I would feel like that. Honestly, being at school was still better than being at home, so I guessed that I would just stay there for now, not like I really had a choice. Then, it came to the time where I was supposed to go to the gym for the volleyball club. So, I went to get changed into the clothes I was supposed to wear, and headed towards the gym.

Word count: 1358