Part 12: Disgusting

The next day after school, I was walking towards the gym and somehow managed to get lost in the school. I've been attending this school for who knows how long, and yet I still somehow managed to get lost?? While walking through what I assumed to be the third years hallway I noticed a certain short boy with bright orange hair. I decided to follow behind him in order to find my way to the gym. That was until I noticed that Tobio was with him. I still followed behind the two of them but I stayed far enough away to make me unnoticeable. 

After a while the two of them stopped in front of a classroom and some tall, old looking guy with his hair in a bun walked out. Tobio and Hinata began to talk to the guy, and they seemed like they were almost questioning him about something. I was too tired to even care about what they could have possibly been saying. I looked around them and noticed a part of the hallway which I recognized. 

I began to walk towards the familiar part of the hallway until I heard Hinata speak to me. "Oh! Y/N what are you doing here? Did you also come to talk to Asahi?" 

"What? No, I just got lost... wait, Asahi? Aren't you the guy that Daichi mentioned the other day?" Without realizing it I said what I was thinking out loud. 

"D-Daichi has been talking about me?" Asahi seemed panicked for a moment, until he calmed down. "L-look I know that you guys might want me to rejoin the volleyball team, but I'm not going to, alright? I just don't want to play anymore." 

Ah, so that's what this is about. "If you don't want to play then I don't see why you should have to, especially if it's your choice. Though, even if I don't really know you, you seem like part of you does want to join the team again, Asahi. It might be worth it just to consider it, but you shouldn't force yourself to do something you don't want to." I said, and then I began walking towards the gym. 

I said all of that stuff because I wished that just once someone, anyone, would say those words to me. That something would be my choice to whether or not I had to do it. I never had the chance to make any decisions for myself, and the moment I got to my parents would say that I had to do something else. It would be nice to be able to choose what I did with my time. If I had the choice I probably would have gone into music instead of volleyball, but its not like its my choice. 

Volleyball practice seemed to go by quicker than it usually did. I kept on finding my eyes make their way over to Tsukishima, and once more I wasn't sure why. I just kept on staring at him and felt my face flush slightly whenever he almost caught me looking at him. 

There was a strange feeling inside of me, but it wasn't bad. I felt like I wanted to be near Tsukishima, like I wanted to be much closer to him than I already was. There was that feeling of butterflies in my stomach. It was all like those books I used to read, the feeling was almost exactly how all those stories described it, but it was so much more intense than I would have imagined. 

Isn't all of this... cliché? All of these things I feel and am thinking about, all of these things are written in those stupid stories... but life isn't anything like a fairy tale. I'll end up confessing to Tsukishima, and then he'll hate me. I'll lose one of the only people who has ever truly cared for me, so I just won't say anything. I'd rather stay near him as a friend then risk everything trying to become more... 

I was cleaning up, slower than I usually did, and people definitely noticed that something was off. Most of them didn't come up and ask anything about it, except for Tsukishima. "Are you alright, Y/N? Something seems off with you." 

I felt myself blush at just the sound of his voice. Why was I acting like this? Is something off? Am I alright?? No! I'm not alright, I don't know why I'm acting like this, and something is definitely wrong right now. "Y-yeah, I-I'm fi-fine." I mentally facepalmed, and I was extremely embarrassed. The blush that was already on my face just intensified. 

Tsukishima chuckled. My face was still extremely red. "E-eh?! Wh-what's so funny?!" I stuttered out, and Tsukishima continued to laugh slightly. 

"Sorry sorry, you're just so cute when you get all flustered like that." 

I blushed even more. H-he just called me cute! "I-I- uh-" I tried to speak but my voice got caught in my throat. Tsukishima laughed a bit more, before stopping and smiling at me. Gah! How can someone simultaneously be so cute and hot at the same time! His laugh is adorable and yet it's so hot at the same time, and the same with his smile! It's almost as if Tsukishima is just the most perfect person ever.

Suddenly, I noticed Tobio trying to get me to go over to him. I managed to calm myself down quickly, then I went over to Tobio. He began to walk to the club room and I followed behind him. 

Once we got to the club room, Tobio began to gather his to gather his stuff as he started to speak to me. "What the hell was that, Y/N?" 

"H-huh? W-what do you mean?" 

"With Tsukishima, why the hell were you acting like that? It's disgusting to watch, especially since it's near Tsukishima." 

"I- S-sorry..." 

"Good. You should be sorry, I don't want to have to see any of that stuff. Especially not if it's with that asshole."

The slight happiness that I had gained from the exchange with Tsukishima disappeared before my very eyes. I gathered my things and walked home with Tobio. He didn't say much to me, but I could tell one thing indefinitely about the way that he was acting. Tobio was projecting his own feelings onto me. Tobio felt disgusting for his own feelings, so he took that out on me, just like what he did with all of his emotions. 

I know he doesn't mean it, but what if that's how Tsukishima feels too? What if he finds out and thinks that I'm gross... What am I supposed to do then? 

Word Count: 1113