Part 21: Training Camp

The next week went by relatively quickly, and our practice match with Nekoma was quickly approaching. I was nervous, to say the least, but Kei was there to help me stay calm throughout the week. The day before we the practice match was the worst, I was a nervous mess. 

I could barely focus and was extremely tense while we were practicing. Since the big match was coming up soon, we decided to do a scrimmage with our team. I was so bad that Coach Ukai swapped me out for Sugawara during the match. I didn't think that I would get this nervous over a simple practice match, but I think I was more nervous about having Nekoma travel all the way to Miyagi only for us to lose to them so easily.

Coach Ukai tried to get me to calm down, and it somewhat worked, though I was still nervous. Kiyoko noticed how nervous I was and sat down next to me in an attempt to calm me down. Most of the team hadn't learned about my new relationship with Kei yet, so a lot of them, and by a lot I mean Tanaka and Nishinoya, seemed somewhat jealous of how close I got with Kiyoko. 

Kiyoko grabbed my hand and squeezed it slightly, which was just enough to keep myself from spiraling into a panic attack. I let out a small sigh and gave Kiyoko an apologetic smile for how I was acting, but she didn't seem to mind helping me out a bit. 

Kiyoko was one of the few people on my team who knew about my relationship with Kei. Kiyoko was able to quickly figure out that the two of us were dating due to how we were acting around each other, even though we acted pretty much the same as before. It was a little bit scary at first when she had asked both of us since it was two days after we had officially gotten together. 

Eventually I was allowed to go back into the game, which was nice. My team ended up winning the scrimmage, but it was a pretty close game. We were playing for most of practice, so then it was the end of practice. 

Once I got home I spent a little while sending weird lovey-dovey messages to Kei (which he hated, but I loved doing it so I did it anyways) then I went to bed. 

The next morning I gathered all of my things and was ready to go to practice, and then go to the training camp. I got to practice, and was about as prepared as I could be. I had tried to get all of my anxiety out the day before, and it worked about as well as I thought that it would. I was able to contain all of my anxiety this time. 

Practice went by pretty normally, and then we all headed to the training camp. I sat next to Kei on the ride there, and it was pretty chaotic. Most of the chaos came from Nishinoya and Tanaka interrogating me. 

"Geez sometimes I hate how good you are at getting Kiyoko's attention!" Tanaka said. 

"Eh? What exactly are you talking about?" I asked, tilting my head in confusion. 

"See! That's how he must do it. He's adorable and Kiyoko must be into that. Gah! Curse you and your cuteness Y/N! Though no matter how hard you try I'll never let you get to Kiyoko before me!" Nishinoya stated in the most dramatic way that he could.

"W-wait, do you think that I'm trying to get Kiyoko to date me or something?" I asked. 

"Yeah, why wouldn't you want to date Kiyoko, she's practically a goddess." Tanaka said nonchalantly. 

"Why would I want to date Kiyoko when I'm already dating someone else?" I asked, before realizing what I had just said and slapping my hand over my mouth, and my face was a bright shade of red. 

"WAIT Y/N YOU'RE DATING SOMEONE?!" The two shouted in unison. 

"N-n-no! I didn't say a-anything. N-nothing at all hahhahahah," I laughed awkwardly trying to cover up my embarrassment. 

"Awww, come on Y/N, you can tell us!" Nishinoya said, trying to convince me.

I shook my head no in response. "Come on, Y/N, please?" Tanaka asked, moving awkwardly close to me. 

By now Kei seemed to be getting annoyed with their antics, and used his hand to push Tanaka away from me. "They're not gonna stop bothering you until you tell them, Y/N. So why don't we just tell them already?" 

"Wait... 'we'?" Nishinoya said. "You don't mean that..."

"Wait... you two- you two are-" Tanaka said, and he was practically dumbfounded. 

"Yeah, Y/N and I are dating." Kei stated calmly. 

"K-Kei! I thought that we weren't gonna tell anyone for a little while longer." I was still a blushing mess. 

"Oh, sorry, I thought that it would just be easier to get it over with and tell them now." Kei apologized, giving me a small pat on my head while he was talking. 

I pouted at him. "Hmm, it's fine, I just thought that you wouldn't wanna tell anyone yet either." 

"Awww, Tobio they're such a cute couple! Why didn't you tell me that they were dating?" Hinata asked Tobio, after hearing Hinata's distinctive voice refer to Tobio by his first name I looked over to the two of them, and just as I expected, Tobio was blushing. 

Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg those two would be such a cute couple! Tobio should just ask Hinata out already! 

"I'm still trying to process that you two are dating, like that's sooooo weird." Nishinoya said. "And here I thought someone as mean as Saltyshima over there wouldn't be able to get a boyfriend, let alone someone as cute as you." 

Kei glared at Nishinoya, which was enough to get him to back off. Eventually, we got to where we would be staying for the training camp. We went into the rooms that we would be staying in and Hinata was way too excited. 

Before any of us went to bed, we all washed up then stayed awake for a while talking with each other. Kei seemed pretty protective over me while we were just sitting there, and I had a feeling that what Nishinoya had said earlier got to him a little bit. That, or he was just trying to annoy Tobio who was obviously annoyed with how close Kei was to me. 

Word Count: 1088