Part 24: Figuring it Out

I was woken up a little while later by Ms. Tsukishima. She gave me something warm to drink and gave me some dinner as well. I took a quick warm shower after eating and Kei gave me some of his clothes to wear to sleep. Ms. Tsukishima helped me bandage up all of the open wounds which were bleeding earlier. 

Kei and I were about to head to bed, and Ms. Tsukishima laid out a blanket and a pillow so I could sleep on the couch. The only issue was that I did not want to be alone right now. I was scared, and being alone was not what I needed right now. 

Before going to sleep, I walked up to Kei's room. "H-hey- uh- Kei? I know that this is probably a weird thing to ask but er-" 

Kei sighed, it was as if he knew what I was going to ask. "If you want to you can stay in my room with me tonight." 

I blushed. "Y-yeah, thanks." 

I crawled into bed with Kei and cuddled up with him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me on the forehead. I was easily able to fall asleep after the chaotic and eventful day I had. 

The next day, Ms. Tsukishima said that I should just stay at her house, and I happily obliged. I was tired and felt as though I needed a break from everything. I spent most of the day getting some (much needed) sleep. 

I woke up one time and overheard Ms. Tsukishima on the phone. I couldn't understand exactly what she was saying, but I could tell that it was very serious by the tone of her voice. 

Kei ended up coming back from school as soon as classes were over. His excuse for skipping practice was that he wanted to make sure I was okay. I was a little annoyed that he had skipped practice, but I was also technically skipping and he was skipping for me, so I wasn't too angry about it. 

Once Kei got home, he sat down with me and told me about all the lessons that we did in class. I didn't really understand any of the things he was saying, but I pretended that I did. 

"Oh, I talked with Kageyama, he's alright." Kei mentioned while he was talking about his day.

"Well that's a relief, did he say anything else?" I asked. 

"He asked me if I had seen you as soon as he saw me at practice. He was really worried when he didn't see you there." Kei patted me on my head. "A lot of the people at school were worried about you, especially Kageyama." Kei paused and sighed. "Kageyama has definitely gotten better at being your brother, he could still do better though." 

I laughed at Kei's last comment. "Well, I guess I'll go to school tomorrow since everyone's so worried about me. Plus, I'm feeling a bit better now. I guess I just still have to figure out what to do from here since I don't wanna bother you and your mother forever." 

"You know, you wouldn't be bothering us, and you shouldn't worry about it either. I'll make sure that everything gets worked out some way or another." Kei gave me a quick kiss on the forehead and another head pat. 

"I love you, Kei." I smiled, before I paused and let out a small sigh. "I guess you just make it feel a little less lonely... that's why I love spending so much time with you." 

"I love you too, Y/N." Kei gave me a kiss on the lips. 

Kei and I spent the rest of the day just hanging out. We didn't worry about trying to do any homework or anything like that. We just relaxed and took it easy. It was a nice break from everything for once. 

The next morning I walked to volleyball practice with Kei. As soon as I got there, Sugawara instantly rushed over to me. 

"Y/N! Are you alright? I talked with Kageyama and he told me about what happened," Sugawara gently held my chin as me moved my head around, scanning my face for any injuries. 

"Su-Sugawara, I'm fine, really." I grabbed Sugawara's wrist and moved his hand off of my face. 

Sugawara sighed, "Well, if you say so, but if you need anything I'll be here to help, alright?" 

"Alright, thank you, Sugawara." I smiled and nodded. 

I went along with practice, and everyone seemed to periodically check on me (Kiyoko, Sugawara and Tobio asked if I was okay at least 10 times). Once we were finished with our morning practice, everyone headed off to their classes. 

A lot of people asked why I wasn't at school yesterday, and I had no idea that most of the people even knew I existed. I reassured all of them that I was fine and that I was just sick yesterday. It was nice to know that so many people seemed to care about me, even if they might have just been curious. 

I walked up to the rooftop and sat with Yamaguchi and Kei during lunch. I leaned on Kei's shoulder and sighed. 

"Are you alright?" Kei asked. 

"I guess, I don't really know." I pouted slightly. "I'm just still a bit shaken up about everything that's happened, it all just went down so fast and I'm still trying to process it." 

"It'll all be alright, Y/N. We can get through this together!" Yamaguchi smiled, and it felt as though I was practically blinded by how cute and pure he was. 

"Thank you, you guys are too nice to me sometimes." It was nice having them treat me so nicely, but sometimes I couldn't help but feel a little spoiled. 

"Nonsense, you deserve to be treated nicely." Kei kissed me on the forehead. 

I giggled and the three of us continued to eat lunch together while we talked about random things. Once the bell rang all of us walked off to class. Once classes were over, I went to volleyball practice. It was a lot of fun, and it was a nice distraction. 

Before I walked back to Kei's house with him, Tobio pulled me aside to talk with me. 

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I should have done something the other day when... when that happened." Tobio apologized. 

"It's fine, Tobio-" I began to speak, but was quickly cut off by Tobio.

"No, it's not. I should have done something to help you and I didn't. I was too scared to do anything." Tobio continued to apologize. 

"Tobio, there wasn't anything you could have done, and it's not your fault. I'm alright now and you can't exactly just magically change the past. So let's just keep on going, I mean that's the only thing we really can do right now." I smiled.

Tobio nodded, "You're right, but I still feel kind of bad." 

"Well then, I don't really know how just magically make you feel better, but I'll be fine. So don't waste your energy worrying about me. I'm staying with Kei for now, so there's nothing for you to worry about, we can figure out this whole mess together." I smiled, before waving to Tobio and joining Kei to walk back to his house. 

Word Count: 1223