Part 20: Love?

Tsukishima sighed, before turning to face me. He took my hands in his and stared down at them. "I-I'm in love with you, Y/N."

"Wh-what?"

I felt a blush spread across my entire face. This wasn't happening, this couldn't be happening. N-no way, did Tsukishima just confess to me?!

Tsukishima looked up to my face and he seemed slightly disappointed. "S-sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable, I just felt like I needed to tell you-" 

"W-wait! I-" Come on! Just say it already! Just for once work you stupid mouth! "I feel the same about you, Tsukishima." 

"R-really? I- I can't believe it, I really thought that you would reject me..." I noticed tears begin to form at the corner of his eyes. He moved his hand to cup my cheek. "Can I... Can I kiss you?" 

I nodded in response. Tsukishima moved his face closer to mine, and I closed my eyes. The two of us were locked in a passionate kiss. My arms moved to wrap around the back of his neck, while his other arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him. 

Eventually, the two of us broke off the kiss. Tsukishima wrapped both of his arms around my waist, pulled me even closer to him, and held me tightly. I hugged him in return, burying my face in the crook of his neck. We just stayed like that for a little while, just enjoying the moment we got to spend in each others arms. 

Tsukishima sighed and pulled away from me. "We should probably head home now, it's getting pretty late." 

"Oh- Y-yeah, we should probably get going now." I grabbed my things. "Well, see you tomorrow, Tsukishima." 

"Wait-" Tsukishima quickly called out to me before I left. "Kei, I'd like it if you would call me Kei." 

I let out a small giggle. "Alright, see you tomorrow, Kei." 

Kei walked up to me and pressed a quick kiss to my forehead, making me blush. "See you tomorrow, love." 

I practically melted at the adorable pet name he used for me. I was able to walk home with a smile on my face. Once I got home I rushed to my room, attempting to avoid my mother since my father still wasn't home. Sadly, I wasn't successful this time. 

"Y/N." I stopped in my tracks, turning to face my mother. "Where have you been? You should have gotten back an hour ago." 

"Sorry, mother. I spent some extra time practicing with another member of my team." I looked down at my feet, too scared to force my eyes to meet hers. 

She scoffed. "You thought that practicing extra would get you to be good enough for the rest of your volleyball team?" My mother walked up to me, yanking my hair so I had no choice my to look at her. "You're pathetic. You'll never be as good as anyone else, so don't even try to be. And learn some respect, brat, look at me when I speak to you." 

She let go of my hair and spit at me. "Go take a shower and then go to your room. I don't want to see your disgusting face for the rest of the night, and you don't get any dinner." 

I quickly followed her instructions and took a shower as fast as I could, then rushed into my room. I grabbed my phone, and hid under the blanket in my room. I never even bothered to turn on the light in my room, so everything was dark except for the dim light of my phone screen underneath the blanket. 

I noticed that Kei had sent me a little "gn" message, and so I sent "goodnight Kei <3" in return. That small little note of kindness let me fall asleep with a smile on my face. Remembering all of the good things that had happened that day, while I ignored all of bad things that just went down. 

I, once more, had a dream about Kei. Though, this time, it wasn't nearly as embarrassing. It was actually a pretty wholesome dream this time. It was a dream about the two of us going on a date together, nothing to bother us, nothing bad happening in the world, nothing else to focus on except for the two of us being in love, and the two of us being happy. 

Then, to interrupt my lovely dream, my alarm began to ring. I woke up, and was utterly disappointed to be back in reality. The only thing that made me get out of bed quickly was the thought that I would get to see Kei at practice that morning. 

I quickly got ready for school that morning, and even had time to eat a quick breakfast. Tobio seemed confused as to why I was in such a rush, but I said that I would tell him about it on the way to school. 

Along the way, I decided that I should probably tell Tobio about all of the things that went on after practice yesterday, well, most of the things, but not all of them. 

"Sooo... what exactly got you to be in such a rush this morning?" Tobio asked. 

"Well, if I tell you then you have to promise not to tell mom or dad about this, like don't even mention any of this to them." I said, fully serious about none of this being mentioned to our parents. 

"Eh? Why would I tell them?" Tobio tilted his head in confusion, before he shook it off. "Anyways, my lips are sealed. I won't tell them anything you don't want me to, and I can promise you that much." 

"Alright, so to put it simply..." I paused for a moment, before deciding just to say it as simply as I could. "Tsukishima confessed to me and now we're dating." 

Tobio stopped in his tracks for a second, trying to process the things that I had just said. The amount of time that he stayed still made me more nervous with each passing second. 

"W-wait, WHAT!??" Tobio seemed shocked. "I-I mean, I never would have though that the salty jerk was capable of love, but like I mean like I support you and all. But if Tsukishima lays a hand on you or does anything to hurt you in the slightest then I'll kill that jerk." 

I let out a sigh. "W-well, that was about the reaction I was expecting." I laughed awkwardly, trying to get rid of the anxiety that just flowed through my mind. 

"What? Did you think I wasn't going to be okay with that or something?" Tobio began walking again and I quickly followed behind. "I'll be honest, I'm a little jealous that you got yourself a boyfriend before I was even able to try and ask Hinata out, but I'm also kind of happy for you. I mean if you have someone who loves you that much then hopefully you'll be happier." 

H-he just wants me to be happy. Tobio really has managed to make himself a better person, I'm happy for him too. And he better get to asking out Hinata already, I mean it's painfully obvious how much Hinata likes Tobio now, even though Hinata didn't like him that much before. 

I laughed a bit at my own thoughts, which caused Tobio to look back at me with a confused expression. He brushed it off and the two of us walked to school together. 

Word Count: 1259