Part 25: Happily Ever After?

Once we got back to Kei's house, I was greeted by his mother walking up to me. "Y/N, sweetie, I need to ask you a few questions, is that alright?" 

I nodded and followed Ms. Tsukishima to the kitchen, where she sat me down and sat down next to me. She turned to me and continued to speak. "Y/N, do you have any other relatives you're close with? Like, grandparents, uncles, aunts, maybe even older siblings?"

I thought for a moment before speaking, "I have an older sister, Miwa Kageyama. She should have graduated college by now, but I'm not sure. I haven't seen her in a few years, but I'm closer with her than any of my other relatives." 

"Alright, now how old is she?" Ms. Tsukishima asked, she seemed to be writing these things down which confused me at the time, but I didn't pay any mind to it.

It took me a moment before I could remember her age. "She should be around 22 or 23, I can't really remember exactly how old she is."

"Okay, do you have any way to contact her? Or do you know her address or where she went to college?" Ms. Tsukishima asked. 

"I know her old phone number, but she probably got a new one by now. I also know where she went to college. I could write it down for you if you want me to." I offered. Ms. Tsukishima nodded and handed me the notepad which she had written everything else on. I quickly scribbled down everything I could remember. 

"Thank you, Y/N." Ms. Tsukishima stood up, and I did as well.

"May I ask what you need this information for?" I tilted my head slightly to the side.

"Ah, I'm trying to figure out some place for you to stay, and I'm planning on trying to see if I can contact your sister and I'm going to talk to her about some things." Ms. Tsukishima replied. 

My face lit up at the thought of not only getting to see my sister again, but also figuring out some place for me to live until I graduate. "Thank you so much, Ms. Tsukishima. This really means a lot." 

"Of course, now let's get you and Kei some dinner." Ms. Tsukishima smiled. The rest of my night was lovely, Kei and I did our homework together and then just cuddled for a while. 

The next few days went by relatively peacefully, but Tobio seemed really stressed. I would always check up on him, but he just brushed it off as if it was nothing. Either that, or he would say that he was just nervous about the interhigh preliminaries coming up soon, but it was obvious that he was lying. 

It was the week before the tournament now. I was extremely nervous, but after talking with Coach Ukai I was starting to feel a little more confident. Coach Ukai had told me that I was going to be the main setter for at least the first match, but he also added that I had improved greatly since he had first seen me play. 

It was the middle of 3rd period when an announcement came over the speakers. "Pardon this interruption. Y/N Kageyama and Tobio Kageyama please report to the principals office."

Everyone in class looked back to my seat. My entire mind instantly panicked, thinking about all the things I could have possibly gotten in trouble for. I stood up and attempted to mentally prepare myself for what was about to come. 

"Y/N, take your things with you." The teacher said, and I nodded. 

I quickly grabbed my things and made my way to the principal's office. I saw Tobio up ahead of me while I was walking and I walked alongside him. 

"Do you have any clue what's going on?" Tobio whispered to me.

"Nope, but I'm hoping that we not in trouble." I whispered back.

We arrived at the principal's office and when we walked in we saw Miwa, the principal, and a few people who I didn't know.

"M-Miwa? What's going on?" Tobio asked, obviously confused.

"Hey Tobio, hey Y/N. I'll let these guys explain it." She pointed to the strangers standing near her.

One of them stepped up and started to speak. "We're with the child protective services. We've received multiple anonymous tips that your parents are abusing you. So, we've contacted your closest relative, your sister, and you two will be staying with her for a while until we can get a thorough investigation done on your parents."

"R-really? That's- That's great!" I smiled. I would get to be away from my parents, and Tobio would be away from them too. That also explains why Ms. Tsukishima was asking me so much about Miwa the other day. 

"What about school? I thought that you lived and went to college closer to Tokyo." Tobio asked. "We also have a volleyball tournament coming up that we can't miss." 

"Ah, don't worry about that. I moved back to Miyagi a few months ago. I tried to get in contact with you two, but whenever I tried to contact you guys our parents found some way to stop me." Miwa responded with a smile on her face.

"So, what exactly do we do now?" I asked.

"You two can head back to class, and I'll pick you up from school at the end of the day." Miwa said, still giving us a gentle smile.

"Oh, we have volleyball practice afterschool today, could you pick us up after that instead? It ends at 6pm." Tobio asked, and Miwa nodded. The bell then rang, so Tobio and I headed to our next class. 

The rest of my day was rather pleasant, and I told Kei and Yamaguchi the good news during lunch.

"That's great, Y/N!" Yamaguchi smiled. "Hopefully things will only get better from here on out." 

Kei nodded in agreement, "Mhm, it's good that things are finally looking up for you." 

I laughed, and I went along with the rest of my classes. I was extremely happy that day. Everything was going well, and it seemed like things could only get better, and from here on out, they would. 

I worked even harder than I usually did during volleyball practice, and Tobio did too. Tobio said that he was a bit jealous that I was going to be the main setter, but he also took it as a challenge of sorts. Tobio now decided that he would have to work even harder than I did in order to "surpass me", and I was up to the challenge as well. A little friendly competition was nice to have. 

Tobio was talking to Sugawara, and I assumed that he gave Sugawara an update about the whole situation. Sugawara seemed extremely happy for the two of us, and Kiyoko overheard as well. Kiyoko was excited for us too. 

At the end of practice, Tobio and I walked out to the front of the school and saw Miwa waiting there for us. She drove us back to the apartment she was living in at the time. There was her bedroom, and a bedroom for Tobio and I to share. 

Everything was better now, and it was just getting better from there. Things finally looked up for us, and part of me knew that it wasn't going to be as terrible as it used to be ever again. Of course, there was still quite a bit of work for us to do to make sure things stayed being fine, but I was ready to face whatever life was about to throw at me. I was ready to face it with the help of my friends, siblings, and my boyfriend, Kei Tsukishima.

THE END

Word Count: 1298