001

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗕𝗜𝗚 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗦

chapter one:ready for a summer romance !

chapter one:
ready for a summer romance !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

VIOLETTA CHASE SAT in her last class of her junior year, absentmindedly twirling one of her curls around her finger. She was just about ready to scream. For some reason, her math teacher had decided that it would be a great idea to teach a lesson on the very last day of school.

It was safe to say nobody was paying attention. Even though the teacher was talking, whispered conversations were still happening. Nobody had any notebooks out at all. After all, summer was only just in their reach. Who wanted to listen to math when all they could think about was summer?

The teacher droned on and on about something Violetta didn't really care about. Not that she ever cared about math, but today, it was significantly less. Her eyes trailed up to the clock, and her heart instantly started to race in excitement. There was only about a minute left until the bell rang.

Only a minute left until school would be done for a couple of months, until the pressure of assignments would be gone, until sleeping in became an everyday thing, until going to camp was actually becoming a reality, until Violetta was free to spend as much time as she could with her boyfriend—

And then, the familiar high-pitched bell sounded throughout the school.

Violetta let out a breath of relief. She immediately stood up and slung her backpack over her shoulder. Her teacher was saying something that sounded a lot along the lines of don't forget your math, but Violetta could not be bothered to listen. She left the classroom and entered the crowded hallway, which was bustling with excitement from everyone just wanting to get home to start their summer. Violetta, however, only had one specific person in mind.

She found him — well, more like he found her. Violetta suddenly felt two arms sling around the front of her chest, pulling her into them. She grinned at the familiar feeling and looked up to see the grinning figure of her boyfriend, EJ Caswell. Violetta felt the same feeling she always did when she was around him — the racing heart, the fluttering stomach, the spinning mind.

God, she was so in love with him.

However, she felt her heart sink momentarily. This was EJ's actual last day of school. His final day of school before graduation in a couple of days. Although EJ wasn't leaving her completely because he was taking a gap year, it would still be really weird to not have him in school with her.

"Hey, you," EJ greeted.

"Hey," Violetta replied, her faltered grin coming back when he pressed a kiss to her cheek. "How're you feeling?"