004

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗕𝗜𝗚 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗦

chapter four:ej, the director !

chapter four:
ej, the director !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

SO EJ AND Val could keep track of who was auditioning, they had everyone fill out these sheets telling them a little bit about themselves. Once they had finished filling it out, Maddox would take a Polaroid picture of them to put a name to the face for the sheet, and then they would audition. Violetta sat in her chair next to Athena, her knees tucked into her chest and the clipboard resting against her legs. Some of the others had started to audition as she wrote, like Carlos, Ashlyn, and Ricky.

Name. Violetta Chase.

Bunk. Honeycomb.

Role. Dancer, extra, ensemble.

Age. Sixteen.

Vocal Range. More alto.

Dance Experience? Have been my entire life.

Special Abilities. I'm really good at punching people's arms. EJ can attest to that.

Notes. I'm just looking to dance.

Violetta went up to Maddox after filling out her sheet. She took a glance to the stage, where Athena was standing now. Athena had evidently finished filling out her sheet and had her picture taken while Violetta was writing. Violetta gave her a reassuring smile before looking back at the camera, placing a wide smile on her face with her hands tucked behind her back.

Athena killed it at her audition — obviously. Violetta then made her way up onto the stage, letting out a deep breath for a moment. She locked eyes with EJ for a moment, who gave her a slight wink of reassurance. Violetta, despite the mixed emotions she felt earlier, gave him a grin back.

Val pressed play on the speaker, restarting the medley of Frozen songs that all of them were auditioning with. Violetta started to sing For the First Time in Forever — the Broadway version, trying to ignore the way Val was walking around her with her clipboard. The smile on her face involuntarily slipped off when Val and her locked eyes.

She seemed nice enough. Violetta just couldn't help the insecurity that creeped up on her. She loved EJ, and EJ loved her, too — she knew that. But Val evidently seemed really important to him, so . . . why didn't he tell her?

Violetta shook off her thoughts and continued to audition through The First Time in Forever, to Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?, and then back to The First Time in Forever. She really wanted nothing more than to dance, but the singing was important, too, if she was going to be in the ensemble.