012

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗕𝗜𝗚 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗦

chapter twelve:shot down !

chapter twelve:
shot down !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

AFTER VIOLETTA'S BASKETBALL triumph, they had moved onto another activity. This one was called Dewey Says, which was basically a version of Simon Says. However, if somebody did the command when Dewey said Simon Says instead of Dewey says, they would get out. Each of them had to be in front of a yellow or blue cone, indicating what team they were on. Violetta stood next to Jet with Ricky and Athena in front of them.

"Dewey says hop on one foot," Dewey instructed, holding a megaphone up to his mouth.

They all obeyed. Violetta lifted her left leg up and hopped up and down on her right.

Ricky raised his hand in the air. "Hey, Dewey? Is Simon gonna sue you for stealing his game?"

"I don't know Simon personally," Dewey responded.

"Breaking news. Dewey locks Simon of Simon Says in his basement."

Violetta immediately laughed, like she always did at him, and covered it with her hand. "Dude, you are so stupid."

Athena laughed as well. "Ricky, what are you even saying anymore?"

Dewey picked up the whistle that was hanging around his neck and blew it before pointing at Ricky. "You're out. Buh-bye."

Ricky stepped away from his spot and tried to get Athena to fall by tickling her. Violetta looked to the side to see EJ standing there with the blue team — when did he get here? And where had he been? They locked eyes and Violetta looked away, staring back up at Dewey. Him not being there to see her succeed at basketball had hurt her more than she thought it would.

"Dewey says stop," Dewey announced, and Violetta stopped along with everyone else. "Dewey says hop on one foot." Violetta rolled her eyes and lifted her left leg back up, resuming her hopping. "Dewey says stop jumping and put your right hand on your head." She stopped in place and put her hand on her head. "Dewey says dance like you're at the Camp Prom."

Violetta started to dance a little — just casual, not technical like she had done on the basketball court. However, her mind then registered what he had just said. Camp Prom? EJ had said nothing about a Camp Prom when telling them all about Camp Shallow-Lake.

Ashlyn completely stopped. "What'd you say?" Dewey blew his whistle to signify that she was out, but Ashlyn ignored it and leaned in closer to Jet. "Did he say there's a Camp Prom?"

Dewey pointed at Ashlyn. "You." He waved his hand, and Ashlyn walked off to the side. "Stop." He blew his whistle and pointed to a girl on the Yellow Team, and she walked off, too. "Dewey says spin in a circle." Violetta did as she was told and spun in circle. "Simon says stop."