011

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗕𝗜𝗚 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗦

chapter eleven:a basketball triumph !

chapter eleven:
a basketball triumph !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

VIOLETTA WAS IN deep sleep, nothing but a state of pure bliss. After all the exhaustion, hurt feelings, and confusion — especially after last night, where she had to leave the cabin because Athena and Gina were having a very intense argument — she had finally crashed.

However, the universe always seemed to mess things up, because she was snapped right out of that state by an air horn.

The sound echoed from far away, but it was still loud. Violetta's eyes snapped open and she shot up from her bed, glancing around the cabin in panic, suddenly on high alert. She could see the other girls in the Honeycomb cabin doing the same thing. An air horn definitely wasn't the mode to wake up the campers — Maddox stuck to using her bugle every morning, and she was still in her bunk. So who was interrupting her sleep?

"Rise and shine, Shallow Lake!" Corbin Bleu's voice shouted.

Oh. So that's who.

"He's out of his mind," Kourtney mumbled, getting up from her bed. She put on her slippers and walked towards the door. "He's out of his mind."

Violetta rolled her eyes in annoyance and fell backwards. She rolled over in her bunk and buried her face in her pillow, extremely upset by how she had been woken up before she needed to.

"Why can't we ever catch a break?" Athena complained.

"I'm never waking up early again for the rest of the summer," Violetta agreed, her voice muffled.

"Vi, we still have, like, three more days of camp."

"I meant after camp. You'll never see me before noon."

Kourtney came back a couple minutes later, only to tell them that they were doing something called Color War, which was a tradition at Camp Shallow Lake. It was basically a day full of sports and activities for the campers, and they all had to meet at the amphitheater at eight.

Unfortunately, Violetta hadn't gone back to sleep and had just laid in her bunk for a while. Once it was an appropriate time, Maddox started telling all of them what sort of activities they had and what to expect. And that's why Violetta asked her to come to the basketball court with her to practice basketball — after all, Maddox had the most experience.

See, here's the thing. Violetta was a natural dancer. She could turn and jump like no other, and she was always coordinated when it came to routines. However, once she would attempt to play any other sport, she would just . . . fail. Quite annoying, actually.