008

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗕𝗜𝗚 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗦

chapter eight:violetta and ricky, the siblings !

chapter eight:
violetta and ricky, the siblings !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"I KNOW WHAT'S going on with Ricky," Violetta said to Athena while grabbing her arm, who had started to walk out of the canteen after a moment of complete and utter confusion.

Violetta had also noticed that Channing had the camera directly pointed on Athena. Okay, she got it — they had to make this documentary interesting — but she didn't want a strange situation like this to be exploited and sold for views. That wasn't fair to them.

"Do you?" Athena asked. "Because I don't really understand."

"He's uncomfortable with the fact that you had to act as a love interest to EJ and sing how love is an open door," Violetta explained.

Athena seemed to freeze for a moment before she looked at Violetta. "And that made you uncomfortable, too, didn't it?"

"I'm fine, Athena," Violetta told her. However, Athena knew better, and gave her a look. "Okay, maybe it made me feel a little weird. The only difference between him and I is that I see that you did it because Corbin said so and that it's for the documentary. Ricky, however, only sees you. He sees his girlfriend singing a love song with someone that isn't him and how he got rejected from singing said love song."

Athena put her hand on her forehead in frustration. "Jesus Christ. Let me see where he—"

"Wait." Violetta paused for a moment, her stomach twisting with slight nerves. This kind of situation had never happened before — her wanting to talk to Ricky instead of letting Athena go. "Let me talk to him."

Athena blinked in surprise. "Oh."

"I'm not saying that Ricky wouldn't want to see you. But . . . I know how he's feeling right now."

Her eyes turned sad, which made a pang of hurt go through Violetta's chest. "Vi, I wouldn't—"

"I know you wouldn't. Just let me go, okay?"

Athena took a deep breath. "Okay."

Violetta squeezed her arm comfortingly, offering her a small smile. She then walked out of the canteen, stopping in her tracks and glancing around for a moment. Ricky's familiar voice was echoing from where some of the cabins were, and she walked over there, only to see him reciting lines to himself while holding his script. Violetta watched him in amusement for a moment, crossing her arms across her chest.

"It's not your fault we were caught in a surprise magical summer blizzard and no one will give us a — a room," Ricky said. He then paused for a moment, opening up his script to check his line. "Yeah. What do they have against reindeer?"