015

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗕𝗜𝗚 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗦

chapter fifteen:sunshine & midnight rain !

chapter fifteen:
sunshine & midnight rain !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

VIOLETTA'S FIRST MISTAKE was waking up and looking to her bulletin board, only to remember that she took off the two pictures she smiled at every morning.

As she sat up in her bed, all of the events of the previous night came crashing back to her like a tidal wave. The ache in her heart was the most prominent, followed by how her eyes felt puffy from crying — which wasn't exactly the best thing, considering tonight was opening night.

She couldn't really dwell on it, though. Even though it was opening night, it was also Ricky's eighteenth birthday, and all of them had agreed to wake him up together for his birthday. Violetta slipped out of her bed and put on some shoes before following the other girls out.

Athena — obviously — led the charge, Ricky's birthday present in her hands. Violetta quietly entered the Yurt Locker cabin after her, followed by Ashlyn, Kourtney, and Maddox (Gina wasn't there for her own personal reasons.) As she came in, her eyes immediately went to EJ. Violetta swallowed nervously and crossed her arms across her chest, resisting every single urge she had to go by his side.

God, this was awkward. Who could've guessed that they would ever end up like this? Certainly not Violetta. This was not in her plans.

She averted her gaze up to the birthday boy. All the other boys in the cabin were awake as well, and the whole group had gathered around Ricky's figure. Honestly, to Violetta, he looked kind of dead, or maybe like Sleeping Beauty. He was laying straight on his back with his hands resting on his stomach.

"Okay, I'm gonna count to three," Carlos announced.

"On three or after three?" Kourtney asked.

"Not this again."

Maddox ignored literally everything. "Happy Birthday!"

At once, every single one of them repeated the phrase excitedly. Ricky, clearly not expecting the loud noise, started to scream and thrash around in his bed. Violetta let out a small laugh, quickly covering her mouth with her hand. After all the sadness she had endured, it was nice to at least feel one moment of happiness.

"And happy opening night to those keeping score," EJ said. "Our show might be in danger, but right now, our focus is Ricky."

Violetta looked at him for a second. Maybe he learned something about last night.