014

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗕𝗜𝗚 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗦

chapter fourteen:one day I'll watch as you're leavingand life will lose all its meaning (forthe last time) !

chapter fourteen:
one day I'll watch as you're leaving
and life will lose all its meaning (for
the last time) !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

VIOLETTA THOUGHT HER and EJ were going to have a Troy and Gabriella summer. She just never predicted that the Gotta Go My Own Way part would apply to them.

When Violetta found her boyfriend, he was in the backstage area of the stage, staring at his director's binder for Frozen. Violetta felt her heart sink all the way to her stomach and she crossed her arms across her chest, as if she was trying to keep the crumbling pieces of herself together.

"EJ," Violetta called.

He looked up at her, a wide smile adorning his features, but this time, it didn't make her feel happy — it only made her limbs start to shake. "Hey, Angel."

Her heart hurt at the use of the nickname. "Put down the binder."

EJ stared at her for a moment. "You're mad at me, aren't you?"

"Yeah, what gave it away?" Violetta watched as he shut his binder and put it down. "Do you want me to tell you why I'm mad at you or do you want to guess?"

He paused in confusion. "My suit doesn't match your outfit?"

Violetta scoffed incredulously. "Are you being serious right now?"

"Hey, please don't put that drink on Elsa's castle, we need it for tomorrow night," EJ instructed to a kid, who had just placed his cup of punch down on the set.

Violetta could feel her stomach dropping now. Everything seemed like it was spinning out of control. He couldn't even focus on their conversation for one minute before getting caught up in the show again. It was almost like he cared more about the show than her.

EJ looked back at her. "Sorry."

Violetta pursed her lips together. "I told you promise was a big word, and you promised you would be there for the last dance. But guess what? You weren't there."

His eyes widened. "Oh my God, V, I'm so sorry. Hold on, let me put on a song and we can—"

"That's not the point, EJ," Violetta protested, making EJ stop in his tracks. "I wanted you to dance with me when you promised to." She clutched onto her arms when her hands started to shake more. "When this summer started, I believed it was going to be you and I, no matter what. But we've been having two completely different summers."