002

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗕𝗜𝗚 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗦

chapter two:welcome to camp !

chapter two:
welcome to camp !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

AFTER HOURS OF driving, which included stops to take pictures on the scenic drive, to get some food, and to take a selfie in front of the sign that said Camp Shallow Lake with an arrow, the six of them finally made it to the place that EJ would not stop raving about.

Violetta walked under the sign that led into camp, glancing around. There was a pool, a playground, and multiple cabins littered around the area. Not to mention it had a really pretty view of the mountains. People were bustling about, obviously just arriving as well. She adjusted her duffel bag on her shoulder, smiling slightly. Violetta was never a camp kind of girl, but this looked sort of fun.

"Camp Shallow Lake, y'all," EJ announced. "My second home."

Violetta raised an eyebrow. "I though you already had a second home."

"Okay, then this is my second second home." He turned around and gestured for them to follow him. "Come on. Seriously, I came to this camp an athlete and — and became an athlete-actor. You come to Shallow Lake one way and you just become something else. It happens to everyone, though."

"Wow, and I thought this was a vacation," Ashlyn commented.

A girl with dirty blonde hair then walked up to them, rolling a wagon behind her. "Are those Wildcats I see?" She looked at EJ, a radiant smile on her face. "What's up, Rocket Man?"

"Hey, how you doing, Gadget?" EJ replied.

They slapped their hands together before hugging for a brief moment. Violetta tilted her head in thought. Rocket Man? Gadget? EJ had never told her, or any of them, about someone called Gadget. Well, now that Violetta thought about it, EJ had never really talked about his experiences at camp. All he did was rave about how it was a lot of fun.

"What language are they using?" Gina asked.

"I don't know," Ashlyn answered.

"Ready for a good summer?" EJ questioned.

Gadget punched his shoulder. "Oh, yeah, dude."

"All right, it's five minutes in and I already miss Seb," Carlos admitted.

Ashlyn put an arm around his shoulder, hugging him for a second. "Oh, and I miss Biggie. But remember how we said we weren't gonna do that? This is our Wildcat summer adventure and we're going angst-less."

"I just feel naked without my angst."

"All right, I'm just gonna need to collect your phones, snacks, and all electronic devices," Gadget instructed, holding a large bucket decorated with paint. Violetta watched as EJ didn't complain and shut his phone off, placing it in the bucket. "Basically, anything that brings you joy. I'm only half kidding. But, you know, it's actually pretty great once you get past the, uh, the withdrawal. You'll have so much fun, you won't miss your phone."