009

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗕𝗜𝗚 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗦

chapter nine:emphasis on troubled !

chapter nine:
emphasis on troubled !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

VIOLETTA'S MIND HAD been spinning last night, and it hadn't stopped. She hadn't slept well, either.

EJ had her thinking that he would be there for her senior year. He didn't tell her at all during that whole speech of hers, and the hope that she had ultimately all crumbled to the floor. EJ wasn't going to be there for her senior year, apparently going to a place over a thousand miles away. Not only that, but he had told Val about the letter from his dad, not her, his girlfriend.

Violetta had to talk to him. She couldn't bottle this up. But, her stupid dumb worried feelings for EJ about the play came up inside of her, and she decided that she would talk to him after rehearsal. Just get all of that stuff out of the way before a potential explosion would happen — because Violetta was mad, upset, and disappointed all rolled into one.

She arose the next morning, completely exhausted and honestly already done for the day. All of the campers involved in the musical had been called in for an early meeting at the barn. Violetta pulled on a black jean skirt and tucked a black tank-top into it, pairing it with her black Converse. Not really having the strength to do anything else, she put her curls into a low ponytail with two strands framing her face.

Violetta walked into the barn with Athena and Ricky the next morning. Val, Carlos, and EJ were standing in front of the stage, an easel with a board that said take a seat in the middle of all of them. Not only that, but three rows of chairs were set up in the middle of the room. Violetta slowed her tracks, her eyes slightly narrowing at EJ and letting out a small sigh. She looked to the side, only to see Athena looking at her with a confused expression. Oh God, what was this?

"Morning, guys," EJ began, a bright smile on his face that Violetta wished she could match. "Come on in. We don't have much time."

Val gestured to the board on the easel. "Take a seat."

"Did EJ say anything to you about what's going on?" Athena asked, her gaze on Violetta.

"No," Violetta answered, because these days, EJ apparently didn't tell her anything. She gave her best friend a sarcastic smile. "Maybe you should ask Val instead."

"Are you being serious or are you joking? I can never tell with you sometimes."

"Please don't ask Val."

Athena stared at her in concern, which made Violetta's heart twist. "Vi, what's going on?"

"I'll tell you after rehearsal," Violetta replied. "As long as I don't explode."