Barista 34

"It's no fair!" I laughed, pushing chanyeol's hands away from me as he tries to let me drink the glass of yakult mixed with chocolate drink.

"I swear that thing is rigged! I should've won that" I pointed at the karaoke machine, leaning my face back as he guides the drink to my lips

"What can I say? I have a beautiful voice, now drink it since I scored higher than you." I clumped my mouth shut and shook my head no, slowly inching away

"Nah, your voice was just louder than mine that's why you got the higher score." I argued

"Whatever the reason is, a deal's a deal and I clearly won!" He whines as I stood up and he began chasing me around with the drink.

"Are you trying to poison me?" I have an arm stretched out so he can't come any closer even though there's a table between us, I don't trust his long limbs

"Ya, what do you mean poison? This tastes good" He looks genuinely offended but I'm not convinced.

"Really? Have a taste then." he took a sip and then handed it to me but I just looked at it.

"I'm not convinced. Drink some more, that was only a bit." He pursed his lips and stared at me. I stared back, not giving up. He sighs, "fine, but you drink the rest ok?" I just smiled

He groans, rubbing his tummy as we walked out of the pharmacy after buying medicine for his upset stomach. "And you wanted me to drink it." I teased, laughing.

"I won but how come I was the one that did the punishment?" he glares, crouching down to the pavement. He ended up drinking everything after my continuous doubts but hey, I was right.

"I told you mixing it wasn't a good idea. Do you want to go to the comfort room?" he shakes his head and slowly got up

"How come mixing alcohol together is ok but not yogurt and chocolate drink?"

"Not every alcohol mix is ok you know? You can die from intoxication."

"I wouldn't know cause I don't drink that much." It's getting dark and the wind is cold but it was comfortable.

"You feeling ok?" I asked as we walked to no proper destination but made sure it would be somewhere that has an easy access to the comfort room incase the nature calls him.

"Yeah I'm fine. How about you?"

"Me? I'm good." I breathed the fresh air and continued walking with my mind back to being full of questions. Yeol silently walked beside me and I check him from time to time to see if he's alright. He was just looking ahead, a plastic bag in his left hand with medicine and tissues while his right hand is busy patting his stomach.

"Say, yeol.."  I broke the silence, unable to keep my mind in peace.

"hm?"

"In scenario, if your girlfriend's best friend doesn't like you and they fought because of you, what do you do?"

"It depends really. It's complex and vague. You can't please anyone, but in this scenario, do I know why she doesn't like me?" I paused. Does he? I think so, based on what Jungkook told me he's aware Lisa and I fought so he should know why if it came from his best friend.

"Yes?"

"If there's something I can do about it, then I'll make an effort to fix it cause I don't want my girlfriend to be caught in between us that she'll have to choose..." I nodded

"But if the reason is something I know I cannot change, then there's nothing much I can do about it. I'll do my best to keep our relationship without having to ruin their relationship. What's ours is ours, what's theirs is theirs. Unless.." he stops at a bench and sat down

"Unless?" I waited, sitting down next to him

"Unless she's a toxic friend." He leans back, arms folded and looked at me, "It's absurd to think about but it's reality. There are friendships out there that can be toxic as it can be. There are those who's just looking out for you, and there are those who are not really your friends, those who are secretly inferior to you that they don't want to see you happy, or those that are obsessed w/ you that they want you for themselves-

"Okayy, before you go somewhere far away" I stopped his imagination from creating multiple scenarios and be more specific "The scenario's the first friend, those who are just looking out for their best friend's well being."

"Ok." He nods and rests his elbows on forearm on his lap and looked me in the eye "then the problem must lie with me."

"Huh?"

He raised his brows "me, the boyfriend. If the best friend is just looking out for my girlfriend so strongly that they fought then it means I'm the problem. So I should just show her best friend there's nothing to worry about and that her friend is safe with me." Show it? I tried to recall the weeks lisa haven't said a word to me, if Jimin tried talking to her, if anything, he seems to be avoiding her. But I'm thinking way over my head. The scenario I asked was for a girlfriend. I am not.

"How about a slightly different scenario?" I hesitantly asked

"Like what?"

"Everything the same except the girlfriend isn't really a girlfriend?" I involuntarily winced

"Huh." He leans back and stared at me, "there's a lot of perspective to look at, in this scenario, does the girl want to be the girlfriend? Or is it in mutual feeling of not having any label?" I immediately looked away.

"T-the latter." I lied.

"Really? Then I don't have any obligation to explain to the best friend since our relationship is clear between us, it's up to her to let her best friend understand." I nodded, seeing his point.

"What if it was the former scenario? What if the girl wanted to be the girlfriend?" I was staring at the ground as I asked when I felt him move and next thing I know he was squatting down in front of me, staring into my eyes and said "then her best friend has all the right to look out for her cause she clearly deserves so much better." I was too stunned to react.

His face contorted in pain and he held out his index finger "one moment" he croaked and dashed off to the nearest comfort room making me laugh but remembered our conversation, leaving me in my own thoughts.