Barista 7

I'm falling. Days turned weeks, Weeks turned months. I've spent almost everyday with him and we even go on the dates every time we're both off work during the stops. I'm falling for him and I don't know what to do. I took a deep breath and sighed.

"That was some deep breath you had there. Something bothering you?" He leaned by the railing and stared at me.

"Yeah..." I avoided his gaze and turned to the view of the Open Sea.

"Well, wanna tell me about it?" And confess I'm falling for a certain playboyI don't know the name of? I don't think so.

"One of my bestfriends and her boyfriend are on the verge of breaking up" I'm technically not lying and it has been on my mind. Jennie and Taehyung's relationship is getting rocky and Jennie expressed her thoughts about ending it. If their relationship don't even last, what even with a playboy? Bold of me to assume he'll even want to be in a relationship.

"How long are they together?" He followed me as I walked towards one of the folding chairs that faced the pool and sat next to me

"2 years and something." he nodded his head

"Not that long, I'm sure your friend can move on." Well it is long for Jennie. That's like the longest she's been on a relationship and that committed.

"No that long? How long does it need to be so they can take it the next step?"

"i don't know? Five or Seven? You know, getting over the 7-year itch." I want to get married once I'm done college! oh wait, that's already a year away. Yes, I'm confident I'm going to pass with flying colors.

"You believe in those?" I snickered and he hunched up his shoulders, shrugging.

"Why? What's the longest relationship you've had?"

"Hmmm... How long has it been since we boarded?" I was confused. Is he avoiding the topic?

"Three months and counting?" almost four and our trip will end on the 6th month. It's crazy how we still haven't slip about our names. I guess the people around us helped too. Thank God there's no lisa here or he'd know my name the second he bumps into her. I miss that bitch though.

"Three months and counting then." I was seriously out of it so I had to ask.

"Hmm?" he smiled and chuckled then sat up so he can stare directly at me.

"The longest relationship I have with a girl. Three months and counting." Breathe chaeyoung. Don't fall victim to the smooth criminal infront of you.

"Oh? So how long are you in a relationship with a boy?" I tilted my head. That's right, follow Queen Elsa sunbaenim. Conceal, don't feel, don't let it show.

He wasn't fazed and answered, "Nine years?" For a second I thought he was serious but he continued. "Kookie and I have been best friends since we're in 7th Grade." Kookie?

☕☕☕

My phone rang and I excused myself from my Ariel and walked a bit away from her.

"Hello?" It's my cousin.

"I don't know hyung... I'm actually enjoying my internship here." I say, glancing back at Ariel and she gave me a smile. A smile I came to really like.

He wants me to come and manage the Hotel branch near the Han River. His Family owns a chain of hotels and restaurant and I sometimes help him out like the time I had to take over his duty cause he's busy getting laid. I willingly did it cause that was a first! Seokjin hyung getting laid? That was a miracle. Irene-ssi's really a looker though.

"Are you expanding in New York? You've been going there a lot lately."

"It's nothing. How 'bout you? I wasn't informed you changed your name to eric." I laughed

"How'd you even know that?"

"I have eyes everywhere mochi." I scoffed, scowling at the sea

"Stop calling me that! I don't have chubby cheeks anymore." I said in an angry whisper. It was my childhood nickname.

"Whatever. I'll go now. Tell me if you changed your mind ok?" Like I will. I'm going to finish the 6 months and have a girlfriend to bring home then.

We ended the call and I turned back to where I left Ariel. Damn I really wanna know her name, the name Ariel feels alien on my lips.

"Was that your wife, checking in on you?" She playfully squinted her eyes on me

"Yeah, our youngest's running a fever." I heaved  sigh and her eyed widened making me laugh

"You really think I'm a married guy, hitting on a girl at work away from home?" she looked down and exhaled loudly

"Who knows? There's a lot of cases like that, for example, my dad." I was caught off-guard. Shit! But snapped out of it when I heard her laughing and clutching her stomach

"You face!" She wheezed. She paused when I snatched her phone and put it on my chair along with mine.

"Wha-" She squealed when I scooped her up, her legs kicking the air but I held on tightly to her.

"No no no!" She gasped laughing when she saw where I'm heading.

"I wanna see your tail." I jumped to the pool, taking her with me.

We surfaced and both took a handful of air. She frantically wiped her face with one hand and the other clinging on my nape while I'm still holding her like a princess

☕☕☕

After getting some water out of my face, I opened my eyes. My heart may have calmed after holding my breath now it just tripled. His hair brushed up, droplets going down on his forehead as the reflection of the water below hitting his face made him look so alluring.

"Ariel." He whispered and I wanted to correct him so bad but I couldn't. I bit my lip to stop myself from telling him my name.

He let go of my legs and his other arm moved down to waist. He removed the lips I had in between my teeth and I gulped, my eyes darting to his plump lips.

I closed my eyes and felt his lips on mine, we moved in sync with our bodies pressed together. His tongue grazed my bottom lips and I gladly opened them for him. I sighed and melted when our tongues met, being in the water didn't help. Someone save me cause I feel like, I'm on the losing end with this whole flirting thing.

💖

Merry Christmas &  have a Happy New Year!