Barista 29

Dedicated to everyone who waited patiently. Thank you 🥰

☕☕☕

"Woman, make up your mind. Are you happy or sad?"

"Huh?" I blinked and looked up at my partner's towering height.

"You're out in a daze again. One minute you're giggling like some love sick girl then your heavily sighing as you frown like some love sick girl." I was busy reminiscing the day I was with jimin but also remembered what lisa's mom and I have talked about.

"What's the difference?" I asked in confusion

"Nothing." He smirks and I groan, slumping over my arm chair. I chewed on my inner cheeks as I contemplated. I kept stealing glances at chayeol, wondering if I should ask him.

"What is it?" Straightening on my seat, I fixed my hear and casually crossed my legs.

"Hey yoda.." he raised a brow at me. I forgot I wasn't supposed to call him that since I only just call him that inside my head but he's not saying anything so I took that as my cue to go on.

"why do some guys...." I trailed off, struggling to find the words to say. "Why do some guys make a girl feel extra special but doesn't do anything about it?"

"Like, there's a friend of mine-

"Uhuh" his tone unbelieving and I cleared my throat, "As I was saying, there's a friend of mine who met this guy she knows is not the type to be in a serious relationship but as they continue their..." what are we? "thing.... she noticed he haven't met any other girl besides her-"

"Not that she know of." He butts in but I ignored him, "he takes her out on dates, drive all the way to her home even when it's on the other side of where he's supposed to be just to see her cause he misses her," a ghost of smile stretched upon my lips, "he cooks for her, he's so caring towards her..."

"Buuut?" He drags

"But whyy?" My voice going higher and higher as I continue, "Why does he make her feel like they could be so much more but every time when she thinks they take a step closer, he takes a step back?!" I wailed.

"You must be very close to that friend of your to be able to show such emotions." He snickers and I huffed

"I'm just as frustrated for her." I looked away, afraid my eyes would give away that I was talking about myself.

"Then why don't she let go?"

"What?" I dumbly asked him

"She doesn't like it, so why don't she let go?"

"She... doesn't necessarily unlike it... she knew what she's getting into." If my voice went an octave higher earlier, now it's going lower and lower. He squats down so he can meet my eyes "does she?"

"Of course she does! He's such a flirt from day 1!" I know what I got myself into from the moment I flirted back with his cheesy pick up line.

Chanyeol chuckles and stood up straight so I had to look up at him. "Indeed she does, but the problem is, I don't think she knows how to get out of it and now she's trapped. Before getting into something, you should know your way out."

"T-then... how can she get out?"

"She has to figure it out herself. She's the only one who can find the exit."

"You think she wouldn't have left already if she could?"

"Since she's in too deep, it's hard to get out of her own so she needs to be prepared first."

"Prepared for what?"

"To get out of it." Am I? Definitely not yet.

"And then if she is ready to get out of it?" He bent down and I had to lean back a bit cause his face is too close. "If she permits, maybe I can help her."

"Omo!" My heart raced to my chest and I don't know if it's because of what chanyeol said or because my chair suddenly moved backwards. I clutched to my arm chair as reflex.

I looked behind to see who pulled my chair to see jimin glaring at yeol. I looked back on chanyeol who had stood back up straight and puts his hands on his pockets as he stares back at jimin.

"Your friend, chaeyoung?"

"Ahmm..." I peaked at jimin who didn't even glance my way. "ye-

"We're more than that." Jimin aswers and my eyes widened.

"So you're her boyfriend then?" Jimin's eyes faltered and I can see his jaw clench. I held my breath waiting for him to answer.

"No." He answers through gritted teeth. I knew he'd deny but I was still hoping he'd say differently.

"You're her brother then?"

"No." Yeol's brows knitted together, "you're more than friends, but you're not her brother, nor her lover? Oh so you're best friends is that it?"

"Aha ha ha." I awkwardly laughed, "we were so focused with our project we didn't realize the class is dismissed." I say as I gather my things and turned to chanyeol "It's their turn to use the classroom, let's go to our next class before we get late." I widened my eyes at him hoping he'd understand.

"Right. Let's go roseanne." He slung an arm over my shoulder and pulled me along but jimin held my wrist stopping us from going.

"What did you call her?" Yeah, why'd he call me that?

"I just heard you call her that and find it pretty. Why? Can't I use it?" Before any of us could answer, Jimin's teacher had already called out on us and his classmates turned to us which was kind of embarrassing.

"Wait for me. I'll walk you home." The way he said it makes it seem like he won't be taking no as answer so I smiled and nodded.

As soon as we got out of the classroom I elbowed chanyeol who stopped walking while he groaned, clutching where I hit him, removing his arm from me

"Oww! What'd you do that for?!" He seriously uttered but then grinned sheepishly "Roseanneee~" he teased in  the most annoying way

"Don't call me that!" He laughs as he ran away from my fists. Only jimin calls me Roseanne.

☕☕☕

A/N: It's been so long right? I'm very sorry, but thank you for still being here. Rest assured, this book will be finished 💞