Barista 35

Chanyeol sighs in relief and huffs, "remind me not to experiment on drinks again"

"I told you so." I chuckled and he smiles at me.

"See you at school." I smiled and waved goodbye to him. Seeing him get in the cab, I walked inside our building and went on the elevator where I got stuck in my own world again.

Drowned by thoughts of him, ever since we met he seems to occupy my head. It used to be just full of things that brings a smile on my face but lately it's been filled with confusion with my own feelings.

The elevator dinged, signaling that I have arrived on my floor and there he was. "There you are! You're not answering your phone. Where have you been?" He look concerned. Just a look at him and the loudness of my head subsides.

Every time I doubt if I have made the right choice, one look at him erases any uncertainty.

"I left my phone in my room." I say and went for a hug as soon as I stepped out of the elevator which surprised him.

"Roseanne." Skip. My heart skips a beat every time he calls my name. "What's wrong? Is everything ok?"

"Hmm. Just tired." I mumbled, hugging him tighter. I feel his arms around me, his hand caressing my back as if to soothe my exhaustion away.

Sure he has his questionable moments, but aside from having no label, he's been very sweet, caring, and loving.

"Have you eaten?" That simple question makes me smile widely.

"Hmm" I confirmed.

"Are you hungry?" I chuckled. He knows me all too well.

"Sort of." He peeled me gently away from me and held my hand

"Come on, let's make you some food then." I followed him as he pulls me towards my unit when we bumped into lisa and jungkook. I instinctively held his hand tighter when lisa looked at our hands then avoided her gaze when she looked at me. I don't know why I feel guilty. I'm not doing anything wrong right?

"Going out for a walk?" I hear jimin ask, trying to strike a conversation, clearing any awkwardness in the air

"Do I look like a dog?" My eyes widened and my head snapped to lisa.

Jungkook awkwardly held her close to him, urging her to continue walking "she's craving ice cream. You know, her mood swings."

"Understandable" He chuckles, giving me a glimpse to which I quickly gave a smile to.

"We'll get going then." Jungkook excused themselves and we let them pass.

"Sorry about that." I say, feeling like I have to say something as I unlock the door.

"Nothing to be sorry about." I waited to see if he'll bring up lisa's animosity towards him but he doesn't.

"Is there any food you're craving for?" We immediately went towards the kitchen where I sat at the bar stool while he rounds it and wait for my request

"Hmmm," I pretended to think, "A ham and egg sandwich would suffice."

"Ham & Egg sandwich coming right up" he smiles, putting his phone on top of the counter and turned his back on me to look through the fridge for the ingredients and started to prepare my snack.

I watched his back as he fry the ham and egg when his phone lit up, indicating a notification. I was not intending to look at it but it was a reflex to take a glimpse when it lights up like that and I wish I hadn't.

I couldn't see who it came from, but it was asking when their next time would be and that she misses him already.

"Do you want mayo or ketchup?" He asks, turning off the stove and putting the cooked food on the plate.

"Roseanne?" My eyes moved from his phone to meet his gaze

"I don't know, what do you think is best?" He placed the plate with the ham & egg on the counter beside the plate of a pair of sliced bread and smiled at me. "You can have both on either side. Try it." I know he's pertaining to food but my mind keeps taking me back to what I've read. Shaking my head from unnecessary thoughts, I gave him a thumbs up and he nods, proceeding to put mayo on one slice and ketchup on the other.

"Here you go. Careful, it's hot!" I gave my thanks as he washed his hands and wiped it with the kitchen napkin before checking on his phone.

I slowly took a bite while examining the expression on his face as he busied himself on his phone. I chewed ever so slowly as I observe the tiny smirk playing his lips while typing before closing his phone and turn his attention back to me.

"How is it?" I was startled when he suddenly looked my way and I didn't want to get caught staring so I took a huge bite, my cheeks puffing. He rounded the counter so he can be next to me

"It's good." I covered my mouth with my hand while talking since my mouth is full. It really is though. If I have not been distracted, this sandwich would've been gone by now.

"Cute." He wipes the corner of my lips with him thumb and licked off the sauce on it making me chew faster and gulp.

"I'll have some water." I put the remaining sandwich back on the plate and hopped off the stool, going to the fridge for some water.

The door of the fridge stayed open as I quickly drank and when I was done, I put the tumbler back in and closed it but when I turned around his hand reached for my nape and I automatically closed my eyes as he closed our distance then I felt his lips on mine. Once again, all inhibitions flew out the window as I melt unto his touch. My arms snaked around his nape as I pull him closer.