Chapter Thirty-one

"He attacked us...and grandfather came and killed him to protect me and Dad," you say confidently.

Police have decided to question you, Elliot, and Ether about what happened.

Jason stares at you before letting out a chuckle in disbelief.

"Why do you think that the father of your mother wanted to kill you and your father?" You shrug.

"He thinks that Dad killed Mom" you reply, causing Jason to narrow his eyes at you.

"And why do you think that?" you let out a sigh.

"You do realize that I'm fourteen, right? I don't have to answer any of those insulting questions" you point out.

"Insulting, why would you think that, ms.(Y/n)?" You shrug.

"Maybe because I know that you want to arrest my dad"

Indeed Jason, for some unknown reason hates your father, and that's what you have noticed with the intense aura when they met at your school's shooting accident.

"We both know that your daddy belongs behind the bars" you shrug.

"When I need help, I will tell you...but right now, I think I'm fine."

𑁍᪥𑁍᪥𑁍

"I think you owe me" Elliot rolls his eyes at his father, as he sits in the passenger seat

You sit in the back seat, with your arms crossed over your chest.

"I owe you nothing, Dad" Ethel smiles but keeps his eyes on the road.

"I will take as a yes on having dinner with me" your eyes brighten at your grandfather's words.

And before your father could reject the idea.

"Yes, can we please go to our (favorite restaurant)?" You plead, causing Ethel to smirk.

"See, you should learn manners from your daughter" Elliot snorts.

"I didn't get to have any good manners because you were busy cheating on mom, dad"

While they are Pickering, you receive a message from Xavier.

Wanna meet up?

You stare at the massage for a moment, wondering whether you should object or not.

When? Where?

You quickly place the phone back in your pocket, the moment Elliot glances at you through the review mirror.

You smile innocently at him, as his eyes narrows.

Xavier seems like the perfect guy to run away with from your father.

A/n: yes, this is the last chapter, there's a sequel called 'House of Memories'