CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"Sho I can e-"
"Bakugou go home, Maiko inside now."
Maiko gave Bakugou a look before heading inside.

        "Where the bell have you been?!" He said closing the sliding door behind him. She contemplated her answer before realizing she had to tell the truth, she could never lie to Shota she never has. It's what made their relationship so good.
"I went to see my dad." She said and he looked shocked.
"Well not really I didn't actually see him or talk to him." He sat down and she continued, "I found out where he worked a little after I started living with you, so one day I went to his job to talk to him. But I saw him with his family and backed out. So sometimes I go to the alley outside of his building and spray paint it, just write things I would tell him if he was around." She said sitting next to him. Shota sighed.

         "Couldn't you go a little earlier in the day? it's dangerous to be out this late."
"I know, But if I went earlier in the day I'd have to tell you where I was going and saying it out loud sounded pathetic. 'Her Sho I'm gonna head out to see my dad, but I'm actually not gonna talk to him just gonna talk to a wall and pretend it's him.' Like yah ok that's totally normal. I just- I just wanted to know why he left. Why I wasn't good enough for him. Why my mom wasn't good enough to for him. I mean she was so in-love with him that when he cheated and left she blamed it on me instead of him. She could barely look at me. I tried Sho, I tried so hard to make her love me like she loved Aila but it was never enough and when I finally gave up trying to prove I was worthy of her love she kicked me to the curb like garbage!" She was tearing up overcome with emotion at rehashing so many memories of mother she kept buried.

        "If I had known where you'd been going I wouldn't have even let you seen the asshole in the first place. That man is garbage and he doesn't deserve to see the beautiful young lady you've grown into, and neither does your mother. You deserve better than both of them and I'm sorry you've had to go through this. I'm sorry you got such a shit hand at life. I know youre going through stuff I see it everyday I look at you and I hate that I can't just take all your pain away and I hate that one of the reasons youre in pain is because of my own flesh and blood. I was never meant to be a dad, I don't know how to. But I know I love you like you were my own child and I just want you to be happy." He wrapped his arm around Maikos shoulder and she leaned into him.

        "I'm sorry for shutting you out. There's not much you can do when I don't allow anyone to help. But I'm working on that I realized that today when I was talking to Fallon, I don't want to push anyone away anymore. And I'm done sabotaging myself and holding onto the past or what could've been. I'm done thinking of my dad and mom. I'm moving on. I've wasted enough time holding onto them. I'm just glad I have you, I love you like a dad too." She smiled up at him and he kissed her head.

         "I'm glad to hear that, but you're grounded."
"Huh?"
"I caught you making out with a boy outside at almost 1 in the morning and you've been sneaking out for days on school nights so yah you're grounded for a week."
"Fair enough." Maiko pouted.
"Speaking of catching you making out with a boy. I have to say I was honestly shocked. Bakugou ? Really?"
"Oh I am not talking about this with you." Maiko cringed getting up.
"Oh come on I'm curious. If anything you should be thanking me I'm the one who assigned him as your tutor." He said smugly.
"Fine, I like him, so thank you for assigning me with the asshole, maybe you should become a match maker." She began waking up the stairs.
"Wait." She stopped and turned around.

        "Do you really like him?" He asked. She sighed.
"Yes I actually do. I don't know what it is about him I've never felt this way. I've opened up to him about some things and whenever we talk he always listens and he makes me feel like everything's gonna be ok." She said and Shota smiled.
"Ah your getting soft kid. I'm happy for you I support it, but don't tell him I wanna see if he grovels for approval to date my dear niece." He laughed and she rolled her eyes.

        She headed up to her room and gasped to see Bakugou laying on her bed in his phone,
"Bakugou? What are you doing!" She whisper yelled.
"Aizawa looked pretty mad I wanted to make sure everything was fine, plus I don't have your number or socials so I couldn't text and didn't wanna wait till tomorrow."
"Oh someones eager." She smirked as she grabbed his phone to put her number in and he rolled his eyes as he pulled her onto the bed.

        "So what happened you were down there for a long time?"
"We'll we had a little heart to heart and now I'm grounded for a week. Which isn't too bad considering I'm done going to 'see my dad' and I don't leave the house besides going to school." She said.
"Hmm and what if I wanted to take you on a date this week?" He said kissing her temple and she laughed pushing him away, "you sappy asshole. What happened to mr, 'I don't have time for dates.' Bakugou."
"Maybe a date with you wouldn't be so bad." He smirked.
"I'm flattered but it's gotta wait till next week, and it better be good I gotta say I'm a hard girl to please." She teased and he laughed as he gave her one more kiss.
"Now go before Shota hears us and kills both of us."
"Ok I'm going. See you tomorrow."
"See ya."