CHAPTER ONE

Maiko dragged herself out of bed and made her way to the bathroom to get ready for school, She pulled at the skin under her eyes groaning at the prominent dark circles. She had gotten used to their constant appearance, not bothering to waste time covering them like she would've done weeks ago. She fluffed out her hair and it sat naturally in a way that resembled her uncles. She heard a ping from her phone and sat on her bed.

        Maiko laughed a little as she put down her phone to get dressed

        Maiko laughed a little as she put down her phone to get dressed. She put on the bland school uniform, and made her way downstairs.
"Morning kid. Coffees on the counter."
"Morning." she faced away from the raven haired man as she poured her coffee, "...so uh have you heard from her?" She said fidgeting with the cup as she turned to face the man who sighed, "...no, sorry kid, I'm sure she's just busy she'll call you." He said standing and trying to give a sympathetic smile but the girl bit her cheek and walked away. The man watched her with a saddened expression wishing there was something more he could say.

"Let me just get my bag and we can go" she said. She walked into her bathroom, staring at herself in the reflection she turned away and grabbed her book bag before heading back down stairs.

<3

As they pulled into the raven haired man's designated parking spot in front of the school, he sighed as he put the car in park. Maiko opened her door, "hey, wait." She turned to him with a blank expression. He wanted to say something but didn't know what, she sighed, "it's fine Shota, I'm ok." She said before she walked into the courtyard.

He sighed as the car door closed, he took out his phone with annoyance and tapped the call contact labeled, "Sister." He sat back as the phone rang, he felt no surprise when it went straight to voicemail. He decided against leaving a voicemail doubting she'd even listen to it.

      Maiko put her headphones in and made her way to a bench in the courtyard. The school was still pretty sparse, only teachers got there so early. She sat back against the bench staring into the empty courtyard, she felt her mind wander but before it got too far she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up and saw Fallon with her signature wide smile, "morning!" She said sitting next to her and Maiko gave a small smile, "morning." Fallon frowned as she examined her friend, "hey did you get any sleep last night, you look tired, you ok?" Maiko shrugged, "I'm fine, you know us Aizawas, eyebags run in the genes." She joked. Fallon hesitated but decided against pushing and went to describe how her weekend went.

<3

Maiko walked into class and sat at the back, she took out her work book and began doodling things. She tried to pay attention to what Ectoplasm was saying, she really did, but everything he said seemed to go in one ear and out the other. It was so incredibly boring, Ectoplasms words started to muffle and the numbers were jumbling about on the white board, she felt her head weighing more and more on her shoulders, and her eyelids began getting heavy.