iv: bad boy

I really hate the bus

I really hate the bus. I really wish I had a car. Or knew how to drive.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with this. But playing Taylor Swift helps.

Pulling into school, I can't help but feel nervous. Maybe I won't even see him. Unless I sit with Aaliyah again. But then again maybe she'll sit with someone else since it's a B-Day.

I'm in denial, aren't I?

I don't like how nervous he makes me. Vulnerable.

Being close to someone gives them the opportunity to use it all against you. Or make fun of you.

I've been through it too many times to let it happen again.

The bus comes to a stop and all the students crowd to get off. I honestly just sit and wait. I want to waste every minute I can.

I finally get up and thank the driver before making my way in. Aaliyah is walking me to my first class again. Today I have to start with theatre.

Really, I'm only in the class because I needed the fine art credit. Hoping and praying it's easy.

Immediately I see Fallon sitting at a table in the Union on her phone. No sign of Aaliyah. Well shit, do I ask her where she is?

I take my earbuds out and figure it's my best bet. I make my way over to where Fallon is.

"Hey Fallon." I pinch all of my fingertips, something I do when I'm nervous.

"Hi Dahlia! You look so pretty today." she gives me a big smile.

Her comment makes me smile a little. Just a little. Fallon is a sweetheart, but I'm not sure if I should be open to her just yet. Nothing against her, it just might take me a little while.

"Thank you, you look good too. Have you seen Aaliyah by any chance?" I note.

She looks back at her phone before answering. "She actually just texted me. She's almost here, Logan and Blake picked her up today so they're a little late."

Just the mention of his name makes me tense. I hate it here.

"Ok um thank you. Can you just tell me where the theatre room is? I'll take myself." I respond.

"Of course! If you go down that hallway," she points, "It's the first classroom to your right."

I nod and give another thank you before heading to the room. What do you even do in theatre? Like acting obviously, but it's not like I plan to do any big production.

The sign above the classroom Fallon directed me to reads "Theatre 2304". It matches the one on my schedule.

I walk in the room and see a medium sized stage and seats lined in rows facing said stage. There's a desk with papers scattered all over it. I'm assuming it's the teacher's.