vii: driving me crazy

"Dahlia Martinez! Come to this kitchen right now!"

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Dahlia Martinez! Come to this kitchen right now!"

Wait what. I check the time, 7:05. Oh shit, I'm supposed to be getting my brothers ready.

I quickly run to the kitchen where my mom is standing, arms crossed with a scowl on her face.

"I'm so sorry mom, I was up really late last night doing assignments." I yawn.

She sighs and slaps her hand to her forehead. "Please just make your brother's breakfast, I have to leave now."

I nod and give her a quick kiss on the forehead. She leaves and I start on some eggs. I have to do this really quickly, because I still have to shower and get myself ready.

Emerson and Jake come waltzing into the kitchen. "Dahlia, can you please help me with my math homework. I just don't get it." Emerson pleads.

"Your definition of help is me doing it all for you." I remark.

"Exactly! I'll leave it for you on your desk." He snickers. "I don't think so. We can work on it tonight." It'll be another night of staying up late.

I serve the boys their food and run down the hall to get in the shower. I take one in record time before picking out an outfit.

My clothes feel so plain, considering I have like no money to buy new ones.

Throwing my hair back with a clip, I search through my closet.

I settle on a black cami top with distressed jeans. My mirror is calling me, begging me to look at myself with disgust.

Saturday with Fallon and Aaliyah was fun and all, but I've been punishing myself for it.

Extra workouts, less eating, the works. My head is pounding like a bitch, but it'll be worth it. I know it will.

It's now 7:27. The bus will be here in a couple minutes for Emerson and Jake. "Alright guys, hurry up and get your bags." I warn.

Once the bus leaves with them, I work on some homework while sitting on the couch. I have to write this 3 page essay for English. Nothing too hard for me, but I want it to be perfect.

It has to be.

My priorities have been a little out of place. I've let Blake into my system way more than I should have.

He's dreamy, but I can't let anything get in the way of perfection. Graduating. Letting my family be happy.

━━━━━━━━━━

The bus was late. So now I'm walking into theatre late.

I open the door as quietly as possible, not wanting to disrupt the class.

Still, the class turns their heads in my direction. Lord take me now.

"My bus was late." I state. "No problem, just take a seat." Ms.Taylor smiles.

Our Game {MARTINEZ SIBLINGS 1}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें