xxii: kelsey

How many times have I mentioned that Monday's suck? Well here's another one

How many times have I mentioned that Monday's suck? Well here's another one. Monday's suck.

I drag myself out of bed and into the bathroom to brush my teeth. My curls are a total mess today, so I throw them back into a bun and walk back to my room.

Today's outfit will consist of leggings and a t-shirt. I feel like shit, so therefore I will look like shit. I honestly even debate putting on mascara, but I do anyways.

Blake texted me saying he's buying donuts. My excitement was undeniable when I read his name on my phone. But it wasn't anything serious. Just "Getting donuts."

I sigh, feeling pathetic. I guess I'm having trouble wrapping my head around everything.

My backpack is packed in the corner, my Spanish, English, and calculus notebook all ready to go. I stayed up pretty late last night doing assignments, but my grades are perfection.

When I walk out to the kitchen, Jake and Emerson sit there patiently waiting for food.

"Blake is getting donuts, do you guys still want food?" I ask.

They both shake their heads and go to sit on the couch. This is how our mornings are spent, waiting and watching T.V. Well they do, I usually sit in my room and wallow in self pity.

We hear the car horn outside, and quickly gather our things. This might just be my least favorite part of the day. Seeing him, and realizing I'll have to do it again and again until I can come back home and cry. But then it repeats everyday.

I take my seat in the passengers side, thank Blake, and stare out the window. I'm offered a donut, and of course eat it. He makes sure I do.

Everything hurts.

━━━━━━━━━━

After reaching Southview, we walk into the building in silence. I'm ahead of him. I think he doesn't want to be near me when we walk into school.

He used to tell me how he didn't care what anyone thought. I was the one he wanted. I want to tear up at the fact that now, he can't even walk into school with me.

I walk into the bathroom per the usual lately, and I wait out the bell. There's nothing in me that wants to go to Spanish and sit next to him. Do you know how hard it is to refrain from hitting his leg when he has an answer wrong? We held each other, and now it's just nothing.

My feet don't even feel like they're walking. I'm just being dragged to this class. When I sit in the seat, I don't feel anything.

I feel numb. Blake takes his seat next to me, and our knees slightly bump. We just look at each other. No apologies, no smirks, no bumping them some more. We just look away.

And that is when I know that Blake Austin made me fall in love with him.

But it will never be anything.