xvii: photoshoot

Today I am praying for a good day

I'm barely waking up, yet I can't contain my excitement about seeing Dahlia. I check the time, it's 9:28 am. I get up to shower so I can start the day.

Once I'm done in there, I brush my teeth, my towel hanging around my waist.

Damn, I look pretty good right now if I do say so myself.

I walk out to my closet to see what I'm wearing today.

It's a Sunday, I really don't feel like trying. I pull out blue sweats that have our baseball teams logo on it in white. I grab a tight white long sleeve as well.

Putting on some socks to walk around the house, I head downstairs. The smell of waffles immediately hits me...yum.

"Good morning mom." I say, going to see if she's done cooking.

"Morning Blake, hungry?" She asks. I nod quickly, earning a laugh from her.

My mom is pretty tall, 5'10 I want to say. I don't have to lean down much to give her a quick kiss on the cheek before sitting down at the dining table.

Lucy sits in her usual spot texting on her phone. My dad is doing work on his computer, and gives me small nod.

Mom comes out to serve everyone their plates, and we all thank her before digging in.

"How did the party turn out?" Mom questions before taking a bite of her waffle.

I kissed Dahlia. So fucking amazing.

"Pretty good." I respond.

"Good good. Happy it went well." She beams. "So any plans for today?"

I nearly choke on my waffle. I haven't exactly told mom about Dahlia, just Lucy.

"Yep." I answer. Lucy looks at me, her smile growing wide.

"He's hanging out with his girlfriend." She teases. I literally cough out the piece of fruit that was in my mouth.

Mom's mouth drops. "Blake Austin! You have a girlfriend and didn't tell us?" She shrieks. I glare at Lucy, who's just sipping on her juice.

"Who is she? Have we met her? I cannot believe you didn't tell us." Mom groans.

Dad is quietly laughing at this whole interaction. "She's not my girlfriend yet─"

"Yet?" She continues. God, Mom won't even let me get a word out.

"Are we having this conversation now?" I point out. "Yes, yes we are."

I take a deep breath before continuing. "Well there's a girl, and I like her a lot. She won't let me ask her out, but I'm hoping she will soon." I smile at the mere thought of her.

"Tell me about her." Mom begs. "I like her a lot." Lucy adds.

She turns to Lucy, eyes wide. "You've met her? Oh now you've got to tell me."