xxvi: final

As much as I'd like to spend my Saturday in bed, I have to work

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

As much as I'd like to spend my Saturday in bed, I have to work. This weekend I offered to do I could get more money added to my check.

I get dressed in my usual work attire. A black long sleeve and black work pants. My red apron looking thing I have to wear is at the theatre, so I'll put it on there.

My hair is natural per the usual, so I feel pretty ready to head out. Mom got out of work early today, so she's taking me.

The clock reads 5:20, so I'll have to be leaving soon. But I still need my daily dose of Taylor swift. After last night, I really want a day in.

My heart is still pounding at the thought of the encounter, but I feel good about saying something to her.

Kelsey was wrong. I'm not the same person I was last year, I've grown. And part of the growth is because of Blake.

My thoughts always drift to him at least 75% of the day. Ok maybe 80%.

I decide to walk out to the kitchen to tell mom I'm ready to go. She sits at the dining room table, head in her hands.

"Mom?" I ask.

She looks up teary eyed. I rush over to her so I can hug her. I'm assuming she's stressed out. Emerson and Jake caught a stomach bug, and she's been working a lot.

"What's wrong mom?"

Her eyes are still glossed over as she looks up at me. The table is stacked up with cardboard boxes and papers are scattered.

"We need to talk Dahl." She whispers.

Taking the seat next to hers, I listen intently. She's worrying me. I nod for her to talk.

"Please don't be upset, Dahlia, I can't bear to see you hurt at my doings anymore."

"What's going on, you're scaring me."

She takes a few deep breaths before continuing.

"I didn't get out early today. I was forced to leave. Not to take care of your brothers, but to pack up my stuff.

"We have to go back to Louisiana baby, the office there needs more workers, and they'll fire me if I don't go."

My mouth opens, my breathing stopped. No. I cant go back there. I've made friends here. I was finally, sort of happy.

"But, we just got here a couple months ago? Cant they give you a little longer?" I beg.

Shaking her head she says, "I'm not very qualified, Dahlia. I'm lucky to have even landed this job. Wherever they need me, I go, and right now that's back in Louisiana."

I cant process her words. I want to cry, break down, run away. I want to not be here. But I have to be here for mom.

We hug for a couple seconds, before I realize I still need to get to work. "I can walk to work, you have a lot of stuff to do."