xxxiv: epilogue

"Get over here, Oliver!" I shout, running frantically to catch the 2 year old that's currently dodging me

I have a session in 10 minutes, and I need this child to be in the play pin so Blake can find him when he gets home.

This child is going to be the reason my water breaks right now.

Yes, I am pregnant. 8 months along currently.

"I'll help you, mommy!" Audrey yells, coming out of her room completely ready to tame her brother.

He seems to only listen to her.

My 4 year old daughter immediately gets Oliver to stop running, and puts him gracefully in his play pin.

She's my little helper, that one. And even though Audrey is a complete daddy's girl, she'd drop whatever she's doing to help me.

It was a complete shock when I found out I was pregnant with Audrey. I had just turned 25, just barely getting settled into my job.

Blake was in the MLB at the time, playing for the Houston team. It was sad at first, the thought of completely moving from Austin, but mom, Celia, and Brody packed up to move.

They wanted to stay as close as possible, and for that I was eternally grateful.

I relive the moment I told Blake I was pregnant daily. He was so happy, it washed away nearly every nerve in my body.

He guarded me with his life. Even in the early stages, Blake carried me everywhere we went, made sure he was at every doctors appointment, and rubbed my feet when they were so sore I wanted to die.

Our time in college only pushed us closer together. With every scare that we would break up, all the stress of classes, our love never died.

We're going on our 12 year dating anniversary next year. This year, we'll have been married for 5 years.

He proposed at my college graduation. Dropped down on one knee the minute he saw me walk toward the family. Blake couldn't even say anything he was crying so hard.

I remember laughing at him, and he was so mad at me for it.

We married shortly after. Something small, because Blake had to travel a lot for games.

I hear the front door open, and Audrey runs to her daddy. He's as handsome as the day I sat next to him.

The smile that graces his face the minute he sees our daughter...god. It ruins me.

"Daddy! Oliver was being bad with mommy again, but I put him right in the play pin."

She has her moms sass for sure. "Oh, really? I think that deserves a reward, huh?"

"Ice cream!" Audrey shouts.

"You spoil her." I shake my head at him, walking toward the front door.

He plants a kiss on my forehead, then looks me right in the eye with a smile. "I missed you."