xxiv: jobs

In case you're wondering where I am, it's the movie theaters

In case you're wondering where I am, it's the movie theaters. And not because I'm being a normal teenager and watching a movie with a friend, but because I have officially been hired.

My application was put in about a week ago, because let me tell you, life is absolute shit. Mom is having trouble at work.

They want her to move back to the Louisiana office, and are cutting her pay until she moves.

So the rational thing to do was get a job and help her. I have like, no time for a job, but maybe I'll just be more sleep deprived than I already am.

I'm sitting outside the managers office waiting to get some more info, but it's taking forever.

I'd like to spend my Wednesday doing other things, but here I am. Finally, the door to the office opens, and I'm waved inside.

"Hi! Dahlia, right?" The lady says.

"Yes ma'am. Thank you so much for hiring me." I shake her hand.

"Not a problem dear, I'm Savannah," She grips my hand and gives a cheeky smile.

"It'll be lovely to have you on the team. Here are a few papers that will describe your job expectations and pay. If you have any questions I'm usually in here."

I thank her once more and head out to read the papers quickly.

I was suggested to be trained today before I start my real shift tomorrow.

Emerson promised he was ready to start staying alone with Jake, and I'm praying he's right.

One of the papers has my pay; 10 dollars an hour. Well shit, something is better than nothing. A nice older woman named Amira says she's training me tonight.

"The job is pretty easy. You'll start with simply being a ticket taker, and then directing customers to their theatre." She states.

We work with the computers for a couple minutes as she shows me how to scan tickets and make sure of what theater each movie is being show in.

Then, she shows me where the closet that contains cleaning supplies is. I'll be expected to sweep popcorn in the lobby and just make sure the entrance is clean.

My shifts will be from 6 to 11. I'm planning to walk here straight after school...well after Blake drops me off.

And Mom offered to pick me up. It works out perfectly. Disregarding the fact I'll be an exhausted mess.

I thank Amira for her time, and excuse myself to use the restroom.

I just need a minute to let this all sink in. I'm happy I got hired, truly. But c'mon, life will only continue to get worse with the added stress.

And no one can know about this. I'll be the poor girl who had to get a job because her life sucks, not because she wanted to.

And I miss him. I know I say it so much, but I do. Thinking about how pissed he would be at me for doing this makes me laugh. Well, more so he would have been pissed, but again, I have to start remembering everything is past tense.

I walk out of the restroom, and go practice on the computer for a few minutes. And then I check out the break room, and get introduced to a bunch of people I will probably never talk to.

I'll start work officially tomorrow and Friday, then get the weekend off. Next week will be the same too, except I get the Friday off. It's a part time job, and being in high school gets me out of working a lot more than others.

When I'm about to head out to wait for my mom, I get a text. My phone screen shows Aaliyah texted the group chat with her, Fallon, and I. Quickly, I open it.

Aaliyah: baseball game next friday bitches!!!

Shit, is it too late to ask to work?

━━━━━━━━━━

Vote, Comment, Share

Sorry for the short chapter, but the next one is INTERESTING<3