Love Letters

Hyunjin writes the note he would stick in the bag. He missed the chance to give Y/N the clothes before they all went home. At his feet was a large tote bag for her, it was more expensive than what she had bought all day.

The car revs up as Hyunjin presses the start button. He would go to Y/N's complex and hand her the bag. That would be if he had the confidence to talk to Y/N this time. Every time she spoke with him, he would always feel happy and flustered. Even with her attitude, she made him the happiest he's ever been.

The street was lit with lights, so was Y/N's complex. Hyunjin takes a deep breath before picking up the bag. He couldn't do it this time. He steps out of the car and makes his way to Y/N's doorstep. The bag was placed in front of the door before he rung the bell for her apartment. Before Y/N could come out, he was already in the car and down a few buildings.

Y/N walks out to the door, stopped by a bag with her name on it. "Oh," Y/N mutters to herself before picking up the bag.

The bag sat on Y/N's desk, a note that had sat at the top of it was now in her hands. It was a fancy envelope, just like the letter itself.

Dear, Y/N,

I was hoping I'd be able to give this to you in person but I missed the chances to do so. I thought you'd like the items I bought since you had to put them back earlier. Maybe consider this my warming gift to a possible new friendship again.

~ Hyunjin

Y/N smiled at the card. She could imagine him talking as she read it once more. His voice was never boring, hard to forget.

Y/N walks over to the desk and hovers over the bag. What if he liked her back, what if this was a small hint from Hyunjin? The wrapping at the top crumbled in her hands as she removes it. The first item was the drop shoulder sweatshirt she wanted the most, followed by a pair of jeans, shorts, a tee shirt, two dresses, a belt and lastly, the pair of shoes she had trouble putting back.

A thoughtful frown tugs at the bottom of Y/N's lips. She hadn't spent anything on Hyunjin and treated him poorly yet he still bought her expensive clothes.

Y/N pulls out her phone and begins typing.

Y/N : hey, thank you so much for all of the clothes!

Hyunjin: of course, i hope you like them.

Y/N : and about the friends part in the card, are you free tomorrow?

Hyunjin : I'm free after my show. It's over around 10pm

Y/N : alright, let me know if you have to stay longer. Other than that we could go see a late movie or something after it!

Hyunjin : I will, I should get some sleep and so should you, sleep well beautiful

Y/N : sleep well, Hyunjin

Y/N smiles, Hyunjin called her beautiful. Normally the word meant nothing to her, it was all she heard on her socials and in public. Hyunjin changed the word's meaning. It was filled with warmth and butterflies.
******
Y/N wakes up to a text.

Hyunjin: I was able to get you a free front row ticket at the show with a backstage pass, if you want to come to it

Y/N : of course, just let me know when I have to be there

Y/N smiles to herself. Hyunjin was so cute, it was surprise after surprise.

Hyunjin sent the time the performance starts, it would be a few hours until it started. Y/N checks her socials, notifications pile up. She catches herself looking up Hyunjin's Instagram, a photo they had taken together in the first shop popped up. Hyunjin took a mirror photo with her, his arm on her shoulder while she giggles. It was the first happy moment the two had in a long time.

( author note, pretend they have their own socials for this, I know they usually only have the group socials)

Another day, another smile 🤍

Y/N read the caption as her face flushed with a bright shade of red. She pushed her hair back from her face and looked at the comments.

Most of the comments called Y/N pretty, praised them to be a couple, were mad he was with a girl and most of all they talked about the cute friendship.

A lot of Y/N's new followers came from fan pages of Hyunjin. There was already edits of the one photo Y/N and Hyunjin took. A bunch of cute captions made her smile.

Maybe Y/N did have a chance with Hyunjin. For now though, it would stay a friendship for the sole purpose of their careers.

Y/N decided to get out of bed and wash up, the hot water hitting her skin reminded her of the warmth she felt when Hyunjin first smiled at her.

The clothes Hyunjin were considered for the show but it wouldn't be a good idea, the heat and everyone around Y/N would get them dirty. Y/N tries to think of an outfit that was simple, but something Hyunjin would like.

******

All Y/N had to do was text Hyunjin that she was there. She could see his tall figure walk out to her from behind the building. He had two bulky escorts to keep crazy stans away.

"Hello, beautiful," Hyunjin smiles.

Heat rose to Y/N's face as she fought a blush. "Hey," she smiles back.

It would be a bad placing if Y/N were to hug Hyunjin. Rumors would spread like wildfire, fans would attack them both. In this world it could be considered a love affair, which would ruin both of their careers.

"Y/N!" Felix yells once Y/N was backstage.

Felix ran to hug Y/N, but Hyunjin made it to her first. Felix decides to start a group hug by hugging them both. "Hey, Felix!" Y/N shouts back.

They both smile. "Hyunjin said you might come here, I'm glad you two are getting along for once," Felix smirks and whispers, "I saw he's already flirting with you."

Y/N blushes and looks around. "When does the show start again?" She asks.

"Ah- we have a few minutes so you should probably get going," Hyunjin hugs Y/N again.

"I'll bring her out to the crowd, should I go from the front so nobody assumes the wrong thing?" One of Hyunjin's body guards asks.

Hyunjin nods and secretly plants a small kiss on Y/N's forehead before she was taken to the front.