Cafe Lives

"Y/N," Hyunjin sighs over the phone, "I love you, I love you so much." His voice cracks. He had never been so happy with anyone except for the group.

"What's going on?" Y/N asks. Her voice was scared and worried. A moment passed with silence. "Hyunjin?"

Hyunjin looks over to Bangchan who nodded, along with Felix. "I'm sorry, I have to focus on work right now, we have kingdom coming up in a few months," Hyunjin says, "we need to stop seeing each other so often, it'll be easier after Kingdom happens."

"Oh," Y/N mumbles, no sound came from her side of the phone, only complete silence. "I can still cheer you on, right?"

"Yes," Hyunjin chuckles, "just... no more of us for now."

A small sigh comes from Y/N's side of the phone. Her voice began to crack and shake. "Whatever you need, goodbye, Hyunjin."

The call ended with a click. "Fuck," Hyunjin mutters.

"Hey, it's okay," Felix leans into hug Hyunjin. "It's only temporary and you told her what you said to me."

Bangchan walks back over to Hyunjin and pats his shoulder. "You got this, Hyunjin," he smiles, "I'll give you a little bit before I kick your ass back onto the floor."

Hyunjin managed a smile. Of course, Bangchan would be the one to say that. He had his own way of threatening everyone, that just happened to be the one for Hyunjin.

"She loves you too, so she will understand," Felix reassures.

"Yeah," Hyunjin sighs.

******

Y/N curls up in her bed. Felix had convinced Hyunjin. Of course he had, she could hear his voice during the call. What was there to do now? She had only been dating Hyunjin for maybe two days and she had spent every one of them with him.

The phone laid on the opposite side of the bed. If Y/N were to delete the photos with Hyunjin, it would only spike up drama. Fans always noticed those small things.

No words could express how hurt Y/N felt. Worthless, distracting maybe even stupid. Did Hyunjin love her like he said? Even if he did, it might be months before he would be able to see her. She knew Kingdom was a lot of stress but she didn't expect the outcome from it being so close.

Y/N sits up from her bed. She props herself up with her right hand, picking her phone up with the left hand. The won Hyunjin had given her sat in the back of her phone case. "Coffee sounds good," Y/N mutters to herself.

A light makeup job and the clothes Hyunjin had bought for Y/N was enough to cover the flaws that covered her body. Too small or two big, her body had never been perfect. Hyunjin made her forget about what she despised about herself. That security was gone.

Y/N calls a car while she stands outside of her complex. A certain cafe had asked for her to sponsor them since they had recently opened. She knew their coffee was good so she agreed to make an appearance there.

******

"Hello everyone!" Y/N says at her opened live, "I'm at xxxxx cafe! Their coffee here is amazing!"

Views and comments spilled in from viewers. Y/N reads a comment. Where's Hyunjin. "Hyunjin is at practice right now!" She explains with a cheerful smile, "he has a very busy schedule, I'll tell you."

Most comments ignored the coffee. People wanted to know about Hyunjin. What is Hyunjin like in person? "Hyunjin is really sweet, he really cares about Stays and his friends," Y/N replies.

Y/N was quite tired of replying to all of the questions of Hyunjin. "Ah, it's about time I go now, I'll see you all in the next live!" Y/N waves her hands to the audience and ends the live.

Y/N takes the last sip of her coffee and pays her bill with the money Hyunjin had given her. "Here is some extra, the coffee was amazing like always!" Y/N smiles at the owner who had served her.

"Well thank you darling, have a nice rest of your day," the owner replies, "tell your friends who came here with you the other day that as well!"

"Will do, thanks!" Y/N waves at the small lady and leaves through the doors.

Y/N pulls a mask up to her face and sets her hair over it. A trick Hyunjin had taught her. It would keep people from recognizing her as easily in public.

Memories of Hyunjin rush back to Y/N. The late car rides they had, him taking care of her when she blacked out, them shopping together. Y/N sighs, it would be a while until she felt that warmth again. That was if he did come back to her.

******

"Come on, Hyunjin! One more time!" Bangchan booms.

Hyunjin had a solo part that was tricky by himself. "Bangchan," Hyunjin whimpers, "I can't, I need a break really quick."

Bangchan sighs and nods his head, "alright, you're on a five."

"Thank you," Hyunjin replies and makes way for his spot.

Hyunjin raises the water bottle to his mouth and sighs. It was difficult but bearable. "Great job, Hyunjin," Felix says.

Felix leaned down to Hyunjin and pats his shoulder. "It's different from when she avoided me before," Hyunjin explains, "it slowly happened, this was so sudden."

Felix makes a seat beside Hyunjin and takes a sip from his water too. "I don't think anyone expected it, I didn't even expect you to tell me how you were feeling," Felix admits.

It was rare for Hyunjin to explain how he felt. Especially why he was feeling that way. "We can do it," Hyunjin exclaims, "we can definitely do it."

"I don't think she was acting, I think she feels the same way about you," Felix smiles.

"Maybe one day, I'll be with Y/N, waking up to her in our own place," Hyunjin imagines.

Felix chuckles and pats Hyunjin's back. "Stop being cheesy," he jokes.

Hyunjin smiles and stands up, "I'm going to work harder than I ever have so I can be with her again. Bangchan! I'm ready!"

Felix watches in awe as Hyunjin rushes out to the studio center. Felix had no idea how Hyunjin could be so sad yet happy, he was so determined to do well.