Painting Lessons

"Hey, Y/N, can you come out?" Hyunjin asks. He had called Y/N to talk to her, even drove all the way to her place to talk.

Y/N looks out her window to see Hyunjin standing with his phone to his ear. He smiles as he looks up to see her. "What do you want?" Y/N groans.

Hyunjin sighs, "please?"

"Fine," Y/N frowns from the window. She holds out her phone and dramatically ends the call.

Y/N cracks open her door, "come in, it's cold tonight."

Hyunjin smiles and politely enters. Y/N's face was visible now. Her face was covered in tear stains and her makeup was smudged. Redness engulfed her eyes and nose. "Y/N," Hyunjin pouts looking at her face, "I'm so sorry."

"It's fine," Y/N lies. She faces the floor with her fingers fidgeting together.

"No, its not," Hyunjin replies and wraps his arms around her. Y/N's arms were stuck by her side. "I should've explained it more, once I'm back on track with work, we can be together again if you still want."

Y/N sighs, "Hyunjin, did you mean it when you said 'I love you'?"

Hyunjin moves Y/N to look at him. His face was drained from practice and stress. "Yes, Y/N," he smiles, "I love you, and I always have."

A few tear drops that had been building up, drop from Y/N's eyes. She felt pathetic for crying so much over a simple boy. "Are you sure? That we can do it?" Y/N asks.

"Please, Y/N, wait," Hyunjin replies, "it won't be long before I can focus again, it might not even be after Kingdom."

"Yeah," Y/N mumbles, "you should go."

Hyunjin purses his lips and slowly nods his head. "You're right," he says and reaches for the door, "goodbye."

Hyunjin walks back to his car. Felix was leaning on the passenger side with his arms crossed. "How did it go?" Felix asks.

"I have to get my act together soon or else there is no coming back to her," Hyunjin let's out a sigh of stress. He breathes deeply to prevent himself from tearing up.

Felix stands straight and nods his head, "did she say it back?"

A frown forms on Hyunjin's face as he thinks. Y/N  never had said 'I love you', maybe she didn't feel that strongly towards Hyunjin. "No, she only told me it was time to go."

"Hey, don't get so glum," Felix pats Hyunjin on the shoulder as Hyunjin begins to get closer to the car, "she will wait for when everything is okay again."

"Sure hope so, let's go," Hyunjin sighs and walks around the front of the car. He pulls open the door before taking one more glance into Y/N's window. Y/N was looking down at him and Felix with more tears streaming her face.

Hyunjin shakes his head and slowly leans into the car. He didn't want to make any more of a fuss than he already had by visiting Y/N.

******

"Hey guys!" Hyunjin smiles into the camera.

Hyunjin started a live on V Live. "I am going to be painting today," Hyunjin says with his paintbrushes close to his face.

Big round glasses covered Hyunjin's eyes as he painted, which was good. The painting started out as a simple dark background with light areas.

The background colors reminded Hyunjin of something. A memory that would last forever. "I need to pull up a reference picture," Hyunjin scrolls through his media, "this one, the background colors match, right?"

Comments about the picture flood the screen. Hyunjin had shown the photo of him and Y/N that one night outside of her complex. Y/N looking up at Hyunjin while his arms wrapped around her small figure.

"Ah, yes, it does," Hyunjin says, "I'll paint this."

Nobody noticed the difference in his tone of voice. The painting would be his only solid memory of Y/N, for now. Hyunjin added his own rain drops to make the moment more romantic.

To the fans, it was only a photo of a romance. A romance out of a drama. The drops made the picture look like a memory out of a drama. "Do you think she will like it?" Hyunjin asks his viewers, "yes? I hope she will!"

Hyunjin had no plan to give the painting to Y/N anytime soon. He only hoped she had joined the live to see their art.

Y/N joined your live!

"There's the beautiful girl herself, everyone, say hi to her in the comments!" Hyunjin smiles and slowly waves at the camera, to his favorite viewer.

Y/N comments on the live.

It's very cute <3

"Thank you, Y/N," Hyunjin smiles with his teeth this time. He hoped it would make her feel a little better.

Hyunjin compares the photo to his painting. He would make more like that In the future for Y/N. Remakes of their own moments or of her beauty.

"Alright, it looks like it's been a long live so I'll be going," Hyunjin announced, "I'll see you all at the next one, goodbye?"

The live ends with a tap of a button. Hyunjin stares into the remaining reflection of himself and takes off his glasses. He would never hate that painting, it would always remain.

Hyunjin walks out to the living room with the painting in hand. He places it on the coffee table where Y/N was the closest she had ever been to him. Butterflies rise in Hyunjin's stomach as the joy returns to his mind.

Y/N was still his, even when they were apart.