A New Bed

Y/N arouses to the sound of chopping on a cutting board and dishes being set on a counter. She sits up, her phone was beside her and she was in the same clothes as last night. The fancy white bedding draped over the sides of the large bed. Where was she?

A small dog skips into the room. It was Hyunjin's little dog. "Hey, buddy," Y/N smiles, she knew where she was.

Y/N grabs her phone and tosses the blankets to the other side of the bed, nobody had slept on that side. "Good morning, Y/N," Hyunjin smiles.

Hyunjin sets down the knife he was using, he had been chopping fruits. He places a hand on Y/N's waist and hugs her. "Did we.?" Y/N shuffles from the hug.

"Oh, No!" Hyunjin freaks, "you were black out drunk, my place is closer than yours, I slept on the couch."

Y/N nods. The blankets on the couch confirmed the truth. "Did Felix get home okay too?" Y/N asks.

Hyunjin walks back to the counter and continues making food, "Changbin picked him up."

"That's good," Y/N smiles and sits at the counter.

"You should go shower, I can lend you an outfit for when you go home," Hyunjin smiles back.

Hyunjin's hair was messy but still sat in the perfect spot it always did. His expressions looked tired and worn out.

Y/N's hair was a mess, the smell of alcohol clung to her clothes. The smell was awful. A shower wouldn't do much harm.

"Hyunjin, I asked a question last night and you said you'd answer it when I'm sober, what was it?" Y/N asks.

Hyunjin places the fruit in a bowl and slides it to Y/N with a bottle of water. "I've never hated you, Y/N," he replies. It wasn't the answer to her question but maybe he would be able to get around it.

Y/N uses the utensils to pick up the fruit, "I asked why you acted like you hate me."

"Eat up and then I might tell you," Hyunjin teases.

Hyunjin knew he wasn't going to tell Y/N. It wasn't fair to tell her the truth and get her hopes up. With their careers they could never be together in peace.

"Hyunjin," Y/N starts, "I just want to hear it."

There Y/N goes. Looking for answers she wants but she knows will destroy her. "I've always liked you but with the group and your social status we can't do that," Hyunjin admits.

Hyunjin's smile turned into a glum frown. It was the harsh truth. If he was to have a private relationship with Y/N, people would soon find out. Their fans would go crazy, possibly lose them all.

"But what if we could make it work?" Y/N asks.

"Y/N we both know that wouldn't be able to happen," Hyunjin says.

Y/N pushes the bowl to the side, "I'll go take a shower."

Hyunjin nods. His eyes were facing the dish he made for himself. He didn't want to upset Y/N, but she kept trying to get it out of him. "I'll get some clothes ready," Hyunjin mutters.

The shower was nice and warm. Even that couldn't help Y/N recover from the truth. All they were allowed to be was friends, nothing more. A tear rolls down her face. With one, followed more. She couldn't deal with being just friends.

"I have some clothes on the bed, I'll close the door when I leave," Hyunjin knocks on the bathroom door.

With No reply, Hyunjin leaves the clothes and the room. I hope she's okay. Hyunjin thinks. The last thing he wanted for her was to hurt. One day they'll come up with an idea.

Hyunjin opens to Y/N's Instagram. The first picture was one that Felix took of the three of them. Hyunjin and Y/N sat in the back with Felix at the front. They all looked happy.

I have a place for these two in my heart <3

The caption was cute, just like Y/N. The post under it was the photo shoot the did. The first photo was Hyunjin's favorite photo. Felix had to know what he was doing when he took it.

The water in the bathroom stops, along with the sound of the towel coming off the rack. A loud sigh comes from the bathroom with a small sniffle.

Hyunjin would do anything he could to live a life where he could be with Y/N.

Y/N looks at her red eyes in the mirror. Stupid. She shouldn't have gotten herself all happy that Hyunjin liked her. Y/N dries out her hair with the towel and wraps herself with another set out by Hyunjin.

The clothes Hyunjin brought for Y/N were placed neatly on the bed. He gave her something he knew she would feel comfortable in. She drapes the towel on the side of the bed before putting on her undergarments. She would note to wash them once she was home.

Y/N sprayed her small bottle of perfume onto her neck and placed it back in her bag. What a day.

"Hey," Hyunjin mumbles at the sight of Y/N walking into the kitchen.

Y/N hoists her bags onto her shoulder. "Thank you for the breakfast and shower but I'll get going," Y/N sighs.

Hyunjin looks closely at Y/N's eyes, she had been crying. Y/N tries to step past him but he grabs her arm. "Come here," he says and pulls her into a tight hug, "I would do it right now if it was acceptable."

Sniffles come from Hyunjin's shoulder where Y/N buried her face. She hugs him tighter. No words would come out of her mouth, she was choked up. This wasn't right, he cared for her but she just wanted to leave.

"Hyunjin," Y/N chokes.

Y/N moves enough to look up at Hyunjin, who was already looking at her. "Yes, beautiful?" He asks, wiping the tears from her face.

"Can we try it? For just a week? I don't want to pressure you but maybe it could work out," Y/N says.

Hyunjin smiles, "maybe in a little bit, I need you to focus on yourself right now."

Y/N nods. She puts her face on Hyunjin's chest. He said maybe, that could mean a yes but it could also mean No. she would focus on herself to prove him everything is okay.

Hyunjin leans down and kisses the top of Y/N's head. He leaves his lips there until he could find his words. "If you want to go home and ignore me, I understand," Hyunjin whispers. He was quiet, like if he spoke too loud it would shatter the moment.

"No, I want to stay like this forever," Y/N mumbles.

A chuckle comes from Hyunjin, "you're so cute."

"Shut up, don't ruin it," Y/N jokes with a smile.