Late Car Rides

As the livestream ended, comments, followers and likes spill in. Hateful and happy ones. A lot of followers were upset until they heard about the friendship that Y/N and Hyunjin held. Best friends for years, along with Felix.

Y/N leans back on the couch, "it's over."

Hyunjin smiles. He hopes they made the right decision. Maybe if they come forward with it, it wouldn't be as bad as hiding it. The outcome wouldn't always be good, for either side. He just hopes Y/N, will keep that in mind.

"Hyunjin?" Y/N asks. Hyunjin was staring off at the phone that was still set up.

"Yes, beautiful?" Hyunjin replies.

Y/N shifts to look at him. "Do you think we made the right decision?"

Hyunjin nods. "I just hope I don't get kicked out of the group for it," he mumbles.

Guilt sweeps over Y/N. If Hyunjin were to get kicked out of Stray Kids, it'd be her fault for pressuring him. She was the one who finally let him have a chance again and it happened to end up this way.

Hyunjin leans onto Y/N. "I don't think they'd kick me out since they've known you since the start of my term and Felix's term," Hyunjin reassures.

Y/N smiles, "I hope that's the case." She places a hand on his head and plays with his hair.

Hyunjin looks up at Y/N, his eyes said everything. He was happy with where he was. How could this Hyunjin, be the same one he is when he performs. It just didn't add up.

Y/N sighs, "I think I should get going soon, I have to prepare for my shoot tomorrow." She hated to ruin the moment but it was getting late, and she had to be up early.

Hyunjin smiles, "of course, what time do you need to be there?"

"About a hour before it starts," Y/N explains.

"Would it be okay to pick you up at ten thirty?" Hyunjin asks.

Y/N smiles back. Hyunjin could be so cute sometimes. It wasn't just his cute looks, but his cute personality. The small things he does always surprises Y/N.

Y/N hoists the bag onto her shoulder. "That sounds okay with me," Y/N replies.

"Okay good I was going to wait outside until you left anyways," Hyunjin jokes.

Hyunjin pulls Y/N in by the waist. Butterflies rose in her stomach. He hugs her tight, something he always does but it'll never be enough. Instead of kissing her forehead, he kisses her cheek. A little closer to her lips than usual.

"Let's get going, you tease," Y/N says.

Instead of letting go, Hyunjin continues to hold Y/N by the waist. "But what if I like holding you?" He questions.

Y/N blushes and looks away. Hyunjin takes one of his hands to tip up her head to look at him. "You're mean," Y/N whines.

Hyunjin chuckles and lets go of Y/N's waist, "come on then, let's get going before I lock you here."

Y/N reaches up and kisses Hyunjin's cheek. Not too long after, it turned a deep red. His eyes widen as he looks away. "Oh really? Let's get going," Y/N mocks.

Hyunjin drove slow. He barely made any conversation, anything after what Y/N did would make him more nervous.

Today had been an emotional roller coaster for Y/N. First it started with waking up in Hyunjin's bed, crying that he wouldn't take a risk, then him taking the risk. She felt a little guilty, she felt like she pressured him into being in the relationship.

"Y/N," Hyunjin starts, "you didn't pressure me, I hope you know that."

It was like Hyunjin could read Y/N's mind. "I know," she lies.

Hyunjin places a hand with hers and holds it. "I wanted to do it since the first time I tried years ago, I just needed," he takes a small breath, "a push, like the articles."

Y/N smiles, "it's okay, we're here now."

A small smile forms on Hyunjin's lips. The light from the streets were faint, but bright enough to reveal his smile. Y/N holds his hand tightly.

The feeling soon ended as they pulled up to Y/N's complex. Hyunjin takes his hand and looks at her, "I'll walk with you."

It was a small gesture but with him, it was adorable. Y/N felt like she had been in one of the cute romance movies.

The door light lit up the scene. Hyunjin holds onto Y/N's waist like before. Her beautiful eyes shone in the lights, those eyes looked up at him, filled with love.

Y/N pushes back Hyunjin's hair that had fallen out of his bun and into his face. His face was more red than it had ever been. He was beyond just nervous.

Hyunjin's hand trailed up Y/N's body, up to her face and placed on her cheek. His eyes beamed down on her with slight lust.

"Does anyone tell you about how pretty you are?" Hyunjin asks. His head tilts to look at her more.

Y/N's eyes look away, "mostly you do."

Hyunjin smiles and places his lips on her head. "That's because you've always been mine," Hyunjin mumbles after he pulls away.

Y/N smiles and slowly nods. That, she always has been. She realized it now. Whenever she was around the group with Felix, Hyunjin would always glare at any of the members who tried to flirt with her. He would find something to talk about with them to get them away from her.

"Yes, I always have," Y/N smiles back. She puts her head on his chest and hugs him.

This moment would never last long enough, no matter how long they stayed that way.

"So, you're sure you'll be able to get to bed safe, no serial killers?" Hyunjin jokes.

"What? Do you want to stay the night," Y/N teases.

Hyunjin looks away, "nothing like that, obviously."

Y/N takes his hand. "If you're really that delusional then I think you can't drive safely," she mocks.

"But- you won't get uncomfortable?" Hyunjin asks.

A smile rises on Y/N's face. "What, are you scared of sleeping in the same room as girl? You can sleep on the couch," she teases again.

Hyunjin shuffles, "what if someone catches me leaving your house?"

"Good point," Y/N replies.

Hyunjin looks down at Y/N. He tips up her chin. "I'm sure nobody will see this though, it's dark enough," he whispers.

Y/N watched Hyunjin lean down. Her eyes close as she knew what was about to happen. Warmth overcomes her lips as they meet his. Y/N replies to the kiss with another one. Butterflies whirled in her stomach.

The two pull apart. "Hyunjin-" Y/N was cut off by a flash. "Shit!"

Y/N fumbles for her keys as Hyunjin covers her face with his open sweatshirt. Someone had taken a photo of them together, a fan or paparazzi.

The door unlocks with a click, the two rush into the door. Hyunjin slams it shut and keeps his back to the door.

"That was close, they only got us hugging," Hyunjin lets out a sigh of relief.

Y/N laughs. The laugh carried onto Hyunjin. "It'll take more than dim light to hide us apparently," Y/N says through laughs.

Hyunjin takes Y/N's hand, "that's okay, we're actually in private now."