Rainy Nights

Hyunjin slept peacefully on Y/N's lap. His hair pulled back into his casual ponytail. The eyes that always shone brightly, now rested.

He falls asleep so easily. Y/N thinks to herself, admiring the sleeping beauty on her lap. There would be a time where they both could share moments like these without worrying about time crunches or their publicity.

Once you became an idol or influencer, nothing was private anymore, Y/N understood that. To her, it'd be nice to have more moments with Hyunjin but she knew the consequences.

Y/N's phone buzzes along with Hyunjin beginning to arouse to the sudden feeling. Y/N picks up her phone and placed a hand on Hyunjin's head, "it's okay, relax."

Hyunjin nodded his head, his eyes slightly opened. "Y/N," Hyunjin murmurs, "what time is it?"

Y/N hadn't looked at the time since Hyunjin fell asleep. Her personal notifications hadn't gone off either. "It's..." Y/N looks at the time on her phone, "oh, it's almost midnight."

"Midnight, soon is one-am, midnight?" Hyunjin double checks. His head still remained on Y/N's lap, his hand drawing circles on her knee.

"Yes, do you want to go home?" Y/N asks. She didn't like the idea of the media seeing them leave the complex together, but she didn't want him leaving either.

Hyunjin pushes himself up, his face an inch from Y/N's. He leans in and places his lips on hers. "No, I promised I'd stay," Hyunjin mutters with his lips close to hers.

Y/N leans in and kisses Hyunjin again. His cheeks were hot, along with hers. They were together and alone for once, this was okay. Hyunjin leans back, "but, you should get some sleep."

"Are you tired?" Y/N asks.

Hyunjin shakes his head, "no, but you need sleep."

Y/N sighs. "You're not sleeping on the couch are you?" She questions as Hyunjin places his feet on the floor.

"Whatever makes you comfortable," Hyunjin replies. His eyes no longer looked tired, they were wide awake.

Y/N smiles and places a finger on her lips, "give me a kiss and you won't sleep on the couch."

"Hell, you think I'd miss that? I get a kiss and don't have to sleep on the couch!" Hyunjin exclaims and leans in, giving not one but multiple kisses.

Hyunjin didn't like sleeping on the couch that often, for Y/N he'd do it any day as long as she was comfortable. He wouldn't ever get over the joy of waking up to seeing Y/N's eyes looking back at him. Waking up beside his favorite person would never tire him.

"Come on," Y/N giggles. She takes her phone and laptop while getting back into her room.

Hyunjin followed behind Y/N. She turns around at the bed, "no funny business."

Hyunjin laughs and nods his head. "Yes, no funny business," Hyunjin repeats.

"I'll be right back, I need to change," Y/N says. Clothes bundled up in her arms as she walked to the bathroom to change.

Y/N's room was neat again, just like how Hyunjin had left it when he cleaned her room. The wooden floor was visible without clothes scattered around.
Y/N had recently changed her bedding as well to keep up with the clean room, the white sheets were now her favorite color. Her makeup station on the other side of the room had items scattered out a little from when she did her makeup last.

Hyunjin was proud of Y/N for trying her best to take care of herself. Between her media and classes, she was busy and she still maintained a decent home style. Hyunjin would do whatever he could to keep her less stressed and happy.

Hyunjin takes his hair out of his pony tail and lays down on the bed. It was soft compared to his. The aroma of Y/N's favorite perfume encased him as the blankets moved around.

Y/N stares into the large bathroom mirror. She could see what her haters saw, what they saw looked back at her from her reflection. Her body wasn't as perfect as she always longed for, her hair was always messy no matter how she maintained it. How could Hyunjin like someone who looked like her? A complete mess.

The beauty disappeared from her face with one wipe of makeup remover. Y/N was never sure of what she really looked like, she didn't want to know. Her face, along with her body always changed. Nothing felt real to her, everything always changing yet she still was popular among the media.

Y/N runs a finger along her face. The figure staring back at her was her. Y/N forced herself to look away from the mirror. She had to accept what she felt. It had been too long for her to just change.

Before too long, Y/N stepped out of the bathroom to see Hyunjin already asleep. He was on her side of the bed, but at least he was asleep.

Y/N kisses Hyunjin on the cheek before getting into bed. "Goodnight, beautiful," Hyunjin mumbles as Y/N lays her head on the pillow.

Hyunjin brings his hand up to Y/N's and holds it. "Goodnight, baby," Y/N smiles and holds Hyunjin's hand.

Y/N's eyes begin to feel heavy as she drifts off. Hyunjin was finally with her again. It had been a long time since she last spent the night with him. It was before they had to take a break for Hyunjin's state.

Hyunjin would always be Y/N's, as she would always be his. Rain began to fall as expected from the forecast earlier. Drops of rain began to hit the sidewalk and outdoor umbrellas.

The rain was peaceful. It brought the moment together, a rainy night shared with Y/N's favorite person.

"I love you," Y/N whispers.

Y/N felt Hyunjin's lips meet her forehead, "I love you too, sleep."

Y/N smiles into her pillow. The words came normally now, they weren't awkward anymore. They were precious words in a precious moment.