Moonlight

Hyunjin ruffles Y/N's hair. His eyes sparkled in the moonlight. "Look at that one," Hyunjin points at a star pattern in the sky.

"It looks like a heart," Y/N replies and makes half of a heart with her pointer and middle fingers.

Hyunjin places his fingers beside hers. The two look through the full heart into the starry sky. The stars beamed down on the pair smiling at the beautiful night sky. The cold weather breezed through the blanket placed on the chilly ground.

Leaves bristled above them, the beautiful tree barely blocked the view of the starry sky. Hyunjin was happy the group left him with Y/N, nothing they could've done would beat this moment.

"Y/N," Hyunjin holds Y/N's hand, his eyes stare into hers as he turns his head, "I love you."

Y/N blankly stares into the sky once more and turns her head. Her eyes meet Hyunjin's. He had said it to her before, it meant nothing then but now, it meant something. Her mouth clammed shut. She didn't know what to say, the answer was obvious but it wouldn't come out. "I-" Y/N sighs and tries again, "I love you too, Hyunjin."

Hyunjin smiles and kisses her hand, "do you want to take a trip with the group after we perform for Kingdom?"

"Are any other guests going other than me?" Y/N asks.

"Nope, you're the only one everyone asked about," Hyunjin explains.

Y/N rolls over to her side. The rough ground pains her side through the blanket. She stares at Hyunjin, her whole body facing him. She reaches over and kisses him on his cheek.

Hyunjin smiles at the sky. He turns over to face Y/N as she kisses him again but misses his cheek. "Hyunjin," Y/N whines.

"Whoops, here," Hyunjin reaches over and places his lips onto hers. It was different from the first time he kissed Y/N. The setting made it more complete, something romantic, not hiding from anyone particular.

Y/N kisses Hyunjin back his lips warm against hers. "That's much better," Y/N giggles.

Hyunjin smiles and places a hand on Y/N's cheek, "well good, I put a lot of thought into it." His smile shone in the light from the twinkling stars above. "Did you know that I love you?"

"Yes, I do, and I love you too, Hyunjin," Y/N smiles and rests her head on Hyunjin's hand. This type of comfort was all she wanted. She always hoped to be with someone she loved, seeing beautiful sights like this.

Y/N questions herself, was she really that special to Hyunjin? She couldn't have a moment with him without thinking of the hateful comments. Is Y/N really worth it to Hyunjin? It wouldn't be worth bringing up now, it'd ruin the mood.

"Are you okay, beautiful?" Hyunjin asks.

Y/N didn't notice the frown she had formed on her lips. Her eyes were heavy and tired. "Of course, I'm just a little cold," Y/N lies.

Hyunjin scoots himself closer to Y/N. Their bodies close to touching. Hyunjin kisses Y/N's forehead. "Are you a little warmer?" He asks as he pulls his head away.

Hyunjin's body heat was always warm for some reason. It always surprised Y/N, "a little, yeah."

Before too long, it'd be colder out. Hyunjin never wanted this night to end. Y/N's lips on his without breaks. The sound of crickets making their music as the moonlight beams down on the hill. Nobody could ruin tonight.

Rain begins to drip down from the leaves. "Come on," Hyunjin laughs.

Hyunjin pushes himself to his feet and holds a hand out to Y/N. The rain would come down too soon. Droplets gathered in Y/N's hair as she picked up the blanket. The two rush to the car, their hands pressed together.

"I'm glad we noticed that fast," Y/N points out the window after a moment, "it's already pouring."

Her hair was wet and messy from the rain, her shoulders soaked and slouched. Hyunjin couldn't help but look at Y/N. She was caught off guard and still beautiful to him. "Yeah," Hyunjin smiles, his arm reaches over to Y/N's face as he plants a kiss on her forehead, "you're so beautiful."

Y/N smiles and kisses Hyunjin's forehead in return. "And you're cute," she giggles. She pokes Hyunjin's nose, "we should get going before it gets worse."

Hyunjin sits back in his seat and starts the car, "I'll have to bring you home tonight, we still have to be careful with staying over at each other's places."

"I get that, especially since people already assumed we split a week or two ago," Y/N replies.
******

Hyunjin steps out of the car as Y/N grabs her bag. He held an umbrella over the door for when Y/N was ready to walk to her door. "We can't do anything risky so I'll just hug you," Hyunjin says.

Y/N stands up and wraps her arms around Hyunjin's torso. "Sleep well once you're home," Y/N mumbles, her head was on his chest as he leaned down to hug her back.

"I will but you need to start sleeping more," Hyunjin pokes her nose like she had done to him.

"Fine," Y/N sighs, "I love you."

Hyunjin blushes and looks away, "I love you too."

Y/N smiles and begins walking to her door, Hyunjin holding the umbrella over the both of them. "Goodnight, Hyunjin."

"Goodnight, beautiful."