Chapter 7 | Marauder's Map

"DID SHE TRY TO KILL YOU LAST NIGHT?" Ron asked to Harry who had big bags under his eyes. Harry looked completely like a ghost and both his friends were sure he didnt get sleep last night, even after they tried to resolve the matter between him and Amelia.

   "She did nothing— I just couldnt sleep" Harry muttered sipping his third coffee of morning. His friends gave him the look knowing he was not telling the truth.

   He just couldnt tell the truth, it was wierd for him to say it. The real reason he couldnt sleep was definately because of Amelia, but she did nothing other than breathing, and Harry couldnt sleep. Its not like she snored or something.

   While tossing and turning around on the bed Harry's eyes mistakenly fell on Amelia's sleeping face which was visible due to the faint moonlight, and the next thing he knew he stared at like an owl whole night. He couldn't stop himself from watching her.

   Her hair falling on her face, soft mumbling she did every once in a while, how she scrunched her while sleeping, he watched everything with utter fascination and then the next thing he realised was that the sun has risen.

***

    "You should have not beaten him up atleast, look how ghastly he appears" Pansy said pitifully staring at the chosen one from the slytherin table sitting with Amelia and her other friends.

   "For the hundredth time, I did nothing with him, he is dreadful as ever" Amelia huffed bitterly glaring the back of the head of the boy. Her eyes fell on the next member who recently sat beside Harry, Neville.

   "Btw how's it going between you and Neville?" Amelia asked, Pansy's face went all emotionless.

   "Must be going really well right?" Daphne mocked munching her toast. Pansy glared at her.

   "Just because you got the one you always wanted and you're living a happy life now, doesnt mean that everyone's doing great" Pansy said through gritted teeth.

   Blaise raised an amused eyebrow at Daphne who turned red as her years long secret just got spilled "You were crushing over me all these years Greengrass?"

    Amelia rolled her eyes with a small smile and spoke up "Dont flatter your blind self, you were busy running after other useless girls, feel lucky you got the best one, even after you barely noticed her"

   "Sorry Love" Blaise said with a soft smile pecking Daphne on lips, gaining several 'oohs' from around while Daphne blushed furiously. Chuckling Amelia turned to Pansy.

    "So what about you and Neville?" She asked again. Pansy stayed silent for a little while but finally spoke up.

    "I dont know how are we gonna do it, everytime I open my mouth Neville gets scared"

   Everyone stayed quite but eventually Blaise was the one who broke the silence by bursting into laughter followed by everyone. "Finally you know you are scary"

    Pansy glared at them shaking her head soon a grumpy Draco joined them on the table too, Amelia looked behind him to see if Lory was there, but she wasnt, she turned to Draco "Where's Lory?"

   Draco didnt reply and instantly Amelia's heart beat sped up she stood up wide eyed "What did you do with her!?"

   "I did nothing, I didnt say a word to her, And please stop asking me about her, I am not her guardian!" Draco snapped hotly. Amelia knew something was wrong.