Chapter 59 | The Big Day

"You slept in on your wedding day?!" Lory exclaimed badly at her best friend who had already had enough of scolding on her wedding day by her own mother.

    Last night after their bachelorette party, all the girls except for the bride woke up at the right time but the bride herself failed to do so, and now was being yelled at by almost everyone.

    "I didnt mean to sleep in!" Amelia screeched already being in an awful mood due to the hangover and now was on the verge of breakdown. Getting up and running out of the room, Amelia found the farthest empty room in her house and locked herself in, hugging her knees to her chest and sitting on floor breaking into tears.

    Today was a weird day, she felt like crying at even minimal things that happened, like when she by mistake spilled water on her wedding dress which was dried out by magic by Lily while Sierra couldnt help but wonder what had happened to her daughter today.

     "I heard your bride's crying out somewhere." Draco informed Harry in the room that was assigned to the boys. Shooting up from his seat wide eyed, Harry asked the reason, but gaining no answer so he had to rush to quickly to find his wife to be.

    "Amelia?" He knocked on several doors quietly, while the bridesmaids too were busy searching for the bride. After searching two floors, Harry went to knock on the last room of the third floor, "Amelia are you there?"

    Hearing small sniffing sounds coming from the room he was confirmed she was inside that room, but was not answering to him. He already felt awful enough to hear his bride crying on their wedding day and that too not out of happiness.

    "Amelia I know you are in there," Harry called from the other side of the door and heard her go silent, "I am coming in Amelia—"

    "No!" Amelia exclaimed from inside causing Harry to stop in mid tracks confused, "You cannot see me before the wedding!"

    "Why?!" He asked highly perplexed.

    "Didnt anyone tell you about the custom," He heard Amelia groan from inside, "Bride and Groom shall not see each other before the wedding, its not a good sign, something bad happens!"

    A smile threatened to form at Harry's face, hearing her being so worried for their wedding rituals, "But I cant let you cry there, alone!"

    "I am not crying Harold!" She called wiping her damp face and heard him scoff, "Yeah right."

    After a few moments of silence that fell between them, Harry sighed, "Amelia what has happened? Why have you locked yourself in?"

    Amelia stayed silent for a longer pause, but began eventually, "Ever since I woke up today, everything has been happening wrong, first I slept in, Mum's been scolding me so much, My dress just almost got ruined, I dont know but everything makes me cry—"

    She broke into sobs again and Harry just wanted to run inside and wrap her in his arms. Swallowing a lump in his throat, Harry sat down by the door feeling Amelia on the other side and began in a soft voice, "I know how you feel Amelia, I do too."

    Amelia frowned lightly while her head rested against the door as she listened to him, "In these two days I never got a chance to talk to you or even get a glimpse of you properly, or you would have know how nervous I am, just like you, I feel the same, small things are freaking me out, I dont know what is happening to me today."

    "But one things that I know and is always making me feel alright is the thought of you," He paused as a small smile formed on his face, "Whenever I feel nervous or anything I just close my eyes and think of you and I feel like everything is just wonderful."