Chapter 32 | Christmas

AFTER when Harry and Amelia returned, they got engaged in decorating the christmas tree with Estella and George

AFTER when Harry and Amelia returned, they got engaged in decorating the christmas tree with Estella and George. Amelia took a break when she heard Teddy crying, rushing to his room she found Andromeda trying to stop him from crying but he wouldnt stop.

     Amelia smiled going towards her godson and taking him from Andromeda's arms, and cooing to him "Hey! Teddy bear! What's the matter bud?"

    Amelia swinged him in her arms, taking him out to the living room where the christmas tree was being decorated. She sat on the couch with her godson in her lap and said exclaiming things to him, finally making him stop crying as be stared at the christmas tree in awe.

    "You like this bud?" Estella called floating in air tossing a sparkly pompom in Teddy's direction which Amelia caught and gave to Teddy as he played with it. Soon his blue hair turned to silver ones as of the little ball in his hand. Amelia laughed playing with him. He was someone Amelia would never get tired of being with.

    Apart from Andromeda, Amelia was the only one who could handle Teddy in all of his several moods, not Remus, not Lyra or anyone, just Amelia. She indeed proved to be the best godmother as she promised at the time of his birth and intended to keep her promise forever.

    While sitting there Amelia's mind drifted to the last christmas she celebrated with her family. In her fifth year when all the weasleys and aurora were gathered at Grimmauld Place for the order of phoenix and for Amelia everything had been a big blast at the time.

    Watching George and Estella decorate the tree she remembered how she was decorating the tree then, with the Fred and George. Like Estella, George too was floating in air and Amelia was handing him decorations standing on a stool and then suddenly she fell of it.

   But Fred, who came out of nowhere caught her swiftly in his arms and then the arguements which happened between Sirius and Fred was just epic.  That was such a difficult time Amelia had. And after all this time, Amelia's heart craves to see Fred's face with his stupid grin again.

    She hated the way how the best memories turns into the worst one after the person leaves.

***

"Christmas dinner time!"  Estella's voice boomed in the noble house of Black. All the members in the house gathered well dressed, in the dining room to have the dinner together tonight. The whole house this time looked much more beautiful than ever.

"You look gorgeous" Chills ran down Amelia's spine when she heard Harry whisper in her ear from behind causing her face to heat up.

    She wore a white knee-length, sleevless dress with white heels and was applying her perfume when he came behind her. She could still feel him close, knowing that if she would move an inch backwards her back would touch his chest. Holding her breath she slowly turned around to face him, barely centimetres gap between them.